Home

JK2: Katana Battles Beta 0.5

Subject452

I've been bored so i decided to modify the previous katana mod a little bit better. I really don't know if there is any interest for this kind of mod anyway, here a lits of features i've edited/modified, it doesnt list all modifications but the most.

--------------------------------------------

* Sabers are replaced with Katana swords:

- sword sounds

- dismemberment (optional)

- blood effects

- First person katana battles (optional)

- Dead bodies and limbs will remain longer on the ground

* Animations:

- Replaced primary jumping animation

- Replaced the backworth roll animation

* Dismemberment now works in multiplayer:

- Clientside dismemberment can be set in the Clientside Options menu

- Serverside dismemberment can be set in the Advanced Server Settings

* Other server/menu options:

- The Taunt key is now bindable from the Setup->Other menu

- g_saberghoul2collision, g_slowmoduelend and g_forceregentime are added in the Advanced Server Options

- Added alot more clientside cvars, they can be found in

Setup->Clientside Options

* Misc stuff:

- Removed alot of sounds wich made Katana battles unrealistic

- Removed alot of Lightsaber effects wich made Katana Battles unrealistic

- Bots do now accept private duels in any gametype

--------------------------------------------

If anyone would like to test it, you can download it here:

http://mbalch.free.fr/subject452/katana_battles.zip.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to make some nice screenshots? i don't have any yet.

Feedback/bugs/wishes/ideas/flames/comments are all welcome.

PS: don't take this mod 2 seriously, i made it cuz i had nothing todo ;P

Greets,

Subject452

I won't play it for a very long time but it s nice the blood and dismemberment are cool !

you changed the loading screen and the menu :)

I have a question : the simple hud , is it a client cvar ?

(i could search i know but i m lazy ...)

nice work....

well in a way i kind of liked them , the battles were better because both of us were struggling with the new controls , mostly strafe. i think leaving strafe out is fine, but what i kinda miss is jump , to have some anime-esque battles, but again that isnt very realistic so your call :)

well ofcourse i have a wishlist a mile long, but most of them are not possible at this time/ take to much work. one thing though i woudl like to see (altough i have heard it would be very difficult) woudl be to have multiple saber weapons(not 2 sabers at once) and thus you could have diffrent kinds of swords to choose from. aslo on top of that how the katana is limited to the fast stance, other heavier weapons coudl be limited to medium or heavy stance. ontop of that weapons like a bastard sword coudl use both medium and heavy stance staying true to its name of being a bastard.

for the multiple saber i dont really mean adding new weapons cause i've heard is even harder but i wonder if it is possible to just make every weapon have the same code as the saber, and thus you coudl give it diffrent hilts/meshes

it may be not possible at this time but there is something from my wish list :)

also might be possible to remove shields (just give more hp) so there is no big ugly teal ball around player, and maybe replace some of the player sounds with more samurai-esque grunts and yells.

just some ideas,

-keto

every time I load the mod it changes my setting ad name (to yours??), I really hate that, possible to fix ??

and I love Ketos idea, more swords would be really cool :)

hmm.... maybe... maybe instead of the character just puting the blade down, maybe you can make it so it goes onto their side (like ninjas) or their backs (like ninjas, lol) and maybe make some black ninja/samurai skins for characters (to add that extra feal).

and is it possible to change level music to japanese type ? and when I set that option for slow motion duel endings it doesn't work most of the time...weird

and maybe some more maps, like the ones where you're in a forest and you're running all over the place and you get to cut down trees and ****

that'd be so cool :) (and yes, I know that you're only one person, I was just running through some ideas).

and when I set that option for slow motion duel endings it doesn't work most of the time...weird

This only works in the DUEL gametype.

also might be possible to remove shields (just give more hp) so there is no big ugly teal ball around player

i'll put this in the next release.

is it possible to change level music to japanese type ?

Putting in new music means that the total size of the mod will go up in MB, right now its 1900kb but add one nice mp3 to that and it will already be around 4MB or more, so the question would be are u willing to sacrifice size for a more ninja/samurai type feel to the game?.

4 meg ?? :lol:

I still have 40 gig free ;)

The size isn't that important anymore, most of the people upgrade so I don't think anyone will complain over this, maybe make it an extra .pk3 so they can delete it if they're so unhappy :rolleyes: and this is a mod, not just a new saber hilt, most of the mods are 20meg+ (not talking about JK2)

Did you also think about the sword on his belt when put away ??

This can develop into a great TC one day :D

EDIT: how about making it a little like SP, making the sword drop after it has been knocked off (or something to that kind) and maybe add a suicide attack :D like you press a button and he/she stabs himselft/herself in the stomach (/kill). Just running through some ideas again, don't mind me :p

EDIT 2: And that slow motion ending for DUEL mode, is it possible to include it in after duel fighting too (have like an ON and OFF switch) ? And is it possible to add a button to turn off and on slow motion sword kill (like fighting in SP, you kill an important character and it does that slow motion matrix thing). And maybe some force changes, modify something or maybe make something new :D

I know about that but I mean not DUELing, just regular fights (like in SP, when you fight reborn, as soon as you kill him it goes into the matrix mode for few seconds) not 1x1.

What do you think of my other ideas ??

here is two pics btw

remark666.members.easyspace.com/GCS0032.jpg

remark666.members.easyspace.com/GCS0041.jpg

EDIT: sorry for the quality, I use GrabClickSave so it ****ed up the pictures a little (made it blury and crap)

Archived