Home

>:AGSP:< The Zectonian Octarena(Hydroball map)

Grets Sirob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kranckor, I've been sleeping, that's why I haven't been answering.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by "msn info"

If you mean my name, it's Grets Sirob(yup, that's it, it's universal)

And I'm on right now. Also, what do you mean by:

Originally postedby Kranckor

oh and what's that link you have there?

As for you other people:

Normal: I do't want to publicly beta-test any of my maps, they will be private tests.

Magi: I'd be happy if you could test, do you run a server? I'd also like it if you could spray my map bug-free. I know I'm not perfect(wish I was lol:D) and I could use some help. Heck, you'd get your own private viewing box! Sweet huh? Glad you like the idea of a non-accessible area. I think that's what's wrong with all these maps, there's literally no where else to go. It's better to have a map where it seems like there are other areas, but you can't go there. Anyway, I'll e-mail you. Thanks!

I'll continue on with the map today...

:wookiee: Raaarwwaag!

I like Jenga's server better. Of course, now that's a private clan server. And I'm in it so :p

Anyway, I finished texturing the interior of the arena(I haven't started on the outside yet) And I added some light shaders(I think so...)

But when I played it, the light shaders weren't working. There was no light! Why not?!?!?!

And, I'm changing the name. It's now the newly formed H2O hydroball team's main arena. Thank you for your time.

Maybe, if [hint]someone helps me with my light shaders[/hint].

I've pretty much finished the interior of the arena, but I still have light to add. And I also have to make the outside of the arena(the accesible areas, and the non-accesible areas)

if i understand correctly...

you are using a light shader supposedly emits light or it looks like it should. If so, 1) is it custom? 2)In one of RichDiesal's tutorials he talks about shaders and says there should be a line in the script that says x

check if your shader's script says that.

could i squeeze in for the beta? i can be a very good bug-finder and i am picky!

too bad you can't make people go

oomph!

GLUG

GLUg

GLug

Glug

glug

*glug*

*death frfom drowning*

or they come out to fast and go

:explode:

from too much nitrogen in the lungs.

:lol: nm

Originally posted by Wes Marrakesh

1) is it custom?

No it isn't, I have no idea how to make them, and I can't do squat with any graphics program.

2)In one of RichDiesal's tutorials he talks about shaders and says there should be a line in the script that says x

check if your shader's script says that.

Er, I don't know how to do that, I can give you the texture I'm using though...

could i squeeze in for the beta? i can be a very good bug-finder and i am picky!

Umm, I'm very sorry, but I have a whole team of testers now. Since I joined H2O, sorry:(. I might be able to have you test Mimban Temple though, I have a couple others, and I don't wnat to let them down by saying, "You can't test, I found others"

So if you want to test for my Mimban Temple levels, great!

too bad you can't make people go

oomph!

GLUG

GLUg

GLug

Glug

glug

*glug*

*death frfom drowning*

or they come out to fast and go

:explode:

from too much nitrogen in the lungs.

:lol: nm

:lol: LOL

Thanks Kranckor(Tobar, right?)

Anyway, so it doesn't seem like another bump, I've done some more work on it.

1. I've made it the right size(it didn't look big enough, so I used the scale thing and made it larger) Dang it was hard to make my textures fit again, lol.

2. I've changed the arena quite drastically(at least I think so)

Instead of having it have straight walls, like this:

[ ]

It now has walls like this:

'_

/

|

\_

Get it?

What do you think?

:dangit jk2.net, make smilies for the ranks!: Grrarroooaaar!!!

Shader name...

Hmm, let me go check...

...Tracklight, tracklight_glow, tracklight3, and tracklight3_glow.

All in the "Cairn" texture set.

And also, is caulk suppose to look like the no-shader thing(grey and white grid?)?

Plus, how the heck do you get glass to work? Explain it in noob terms please. I want a glass thing like in "waterball" How would I do this?

I've finished the arena, and I'm moving on to the outside. No light yet, I want to use shaders. I have the exits, but they don't lead anywhere, yet. I can't seem to get glass to work though...

Also, I'm sorry, but beta-testing is closed now. If you wanted to test for this map, I'm sorry, but you won't be able to. If you would still like to test a map, I can always squeeze you in for Mimban Temple...

U're Oi'll do 'ee Temple 'ere!

'aybe 'ee could do oi' skyscrap'r 'evel

BTW that was mole-speak

hm...

texture the entire brush in glass and put a textured brush in it... it looks like z-fighting but you'll still see both brushes and you WON'T get a leak...i still need sky box help and please vote in the poll

sorry hd to say that

hope that helps

Oi'll be 'round

Wes

U're Oi'll do 'ee Temple 'ere!

'aybe 'ee could do oi' skyscrap'r 'evel

Umm, what?!

hm...

texture the entire brush in glass and put a textured brush in it... it looks like z-fighting but you'll still see both brushes and you WON'T get a leak

Umm, what?!

Archived