Home

Animation editing question

Harukaze

Alright, I'm sure this has been discussed before, but then half the questions here have been at one point or another. There are simply too many threads to hunt through everything.

What I would like to know is twofold: first, is it possible to modify the humanoid animation configuration in SP [ie, just as an example, change how one walks or jumps]. If so, how feasible is it. Make that threefold since I just thought up another one. If possible, can one make animations specific for one particular model? In other words, having a movement that only one particular model can do? I imagine it would have to be so, but it cannot hurt to ask : )

ok iv asked this question a few times and no one has ever answerd it

why is it you CAN ONLY use softimage? there are many othere amation prgrams out there, why cant i use maya, rino, 3ds max, g-max for example

some one plz explan

Yeah, you said it. Maybe in a year or two or three, someone will create a plugin for Milkshape3D or 3DSMax that will allow you to create, at the most, half-way decent animations. It would be sufficient for making SP cutscenes, small, short animations, saber animations would suck royally, probably, since they'd probably be under par. Softimage is like, REAL professional stuff, it's what was used to animate all 3D stuff in SW EP1 and EP2! :eek:

Archived