Home

LODs

TheMadDoofer

Level of Detail.

Basically, the game switches between model LODs based on how far a model is from the screen. Therefore when a model is far off, it switches to a very low polycount LOD, when it's up in your face, it switches to a high polycount LOD.

has anyone suucefully made a new model with working LODs i might have just not included all of the ones that it needed but it didnt work for me.

also in max is there an easier way to make duplicates of the selected objects as of now i just makes clones of everything wich is pretty simple but the problem is renaming everyone. i think there is a way to change the way it changes the names (ie: instead of adding 01 add _1 and _2 and so on)

also i think when you duplicate them it keeps their modifiers , specifically the skin( vertex weighting) ones so as far as animation it shoudl still work the same but does it keep the heirarchy? or does one have to redo it with the new cloned objects?

well if anyone can help with these questions id appreciate and if they have been answered before please forgive me, i wish the search tool worked on this forum...

thanks,

-keto

Archived