Home

Gateway Tournament SETTINGS Questions/Guide

Johner

BTW: If this forum doesn't allow Gateway posts, then I am only asking about stuff regarding the same settings Gateway uses (which has nothing to do with Gateway I just like their settings) :D

I read through the official Gateway rules but I still ahve a few questions/comments.

1. Can you choose what force side you want and then assign the force points as you wish? (btw the force level is locked at padawan).

2. Using the official rules exactly; what do you think is the quickest way to kill 12 computer generated opponents (also include what settings if applicable)? Guns are allowed btw and the map is Temple Tournament.

Here are some or all of the rules...

"Game Play: The objective of the game will be to eliminate 12 computer-generated opponents in the shortest time possible. Players will get two sessions per play and will receive a time for each session. Players must eliminate 12 opponents before one of the computer generated opponents. If a computer-generated opponent eliminates 12 other computer generated characters before the player a time of zero will be recorded for that particular session. Players can play one game per day composing of two sessions. Players will receive a time for each session they play and will be ranked based on their best times. The following configuration will be used for tournament play;

Game Configuration

Player Settings

Opponent Settings

Game Play Mode - Multiplayer

1) Human

Tournament Map: Temple Tournament

2) Desann

Maximum Opponents: 32

3) Tavion

Time Limit: 0

4) Shadowtrooper

Kill Limit: 12

5) Reborn

Kill Limit: 12

6) Galak

Lightsaber Only: No

7) Reelo

Allow Saber Challenge: No

8) Chiss

Force Mastery: Padawan

9) Krussk

Disable Force: No

10) Ak-Buz

Min Players: 16

11) Beedo

Auto Map Cycle: No

12) Lieutenant_Cabbel

Do Warm-up: No

13) SP-597

Enable Voting: No

14) SW-967

15) Rebel

16) TK-421

Skill: Padawan

Game Operation: Each Tournament location will designate two Gateway computer systems powered by an Intel® Pentium 4 processor for the Tournament. These systems will each have an NVIDIA GeForce4® Ti 4600 graphics card. PCs available for gaming at any individual store may have CRTs or Flat panel screens, at Gateway's sole discretion. Players may determine which station they wish to use. Stations will be made available on a first come first serve basis. Game configuration, opponents, skill level and other variable settings will be fixed for the entire Tournament. The default game keyboard configuration will be used for all game play in the tournament. Players may not alter the hardware, drivers, software, controller, audio, graphics, configurations, or other settings and fixed variables in any way. Any player or player affiliate attempting to alter, tamper, or use cheat codes with the hardware or software may cause the player to be immediately disqualified from the Tournament, at the sole discretion of the Tournament Officials."

Maybe some of the above text answers my questions but I missed them (fine im a complete idiot). But regardless I would also like to see replies with more questions/comments and answers about the gateway tournament OR just the quickest way of beating 12 computer opponents with the given time.

Basically, the rule is the following:

No Force, Gunz/Saberz

Temple Tournament Map FFA

16 Bots, Desann, Tavion, ...etc

Difficulty is Padawan

Beat them as fast as you can.

That's all!

Then you win all kinds of cool stuff...yeah I second the lame contest thingy...it's a lot of luck lol

I was thinking of more saber duels-like fights between each other in the contest or something, then you could really find who's the best

ah, THAT'S IT?

I thought it was something more like a duel type of thing where players go one on one with each other.

Agh, and the default controls? I think those are horrible! Well, not really, but I like to have certain things in certain places like Force Next (C or B) and Force Previous (V).

Oh well, no contest for me then. What are the prizes that you can win? I heard it was $60,000 worth of stuff, but what stuff?

well i just got back from my little trip to gateway, i got an amazingly crappy time of 1:53... but they have it so u CANT alter ANYTHING except for invert mouse, you get about 25 seconds to get used to the computer then they give u the two round thing... the mouse is a little small for me (i have a logitech mouseman) and the chair is too high :D and dont get me started on the ugly 640x480 resolution :D

Well the mouse speed whare I played limited me to a time of 2:17 and then 3:27......odd thing is its messed up on the Gateway site, and I'm listed at 2:50 and 3:27..........why did the best one have to be messed up lol.

5 pick-up and move mouse all the way accrossed the pad to turn a 180......it was f**ked up.

Anyone wanna answer my question about strategies for the tournament? The rules are unchangable of course so I wanted to get some tips.

Also since the force level is set at padawan (right??) what is the best (or your favorite) force configuration for the tournament?

GOD DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY ARE PLAYING WITH THE PATCHED VERSION OR A FRESH INSTALL?!?!?!?!?!?!? CAN ANYONE ATLEAST SAY THEY DONT KNOW?!?!?!

Sorry, it is just I have been asking for a long time now, and it would be nice to know. Since things like the alternate fire of the repeater or how much mana is used for certain force powers...it would be nice to know.

I personally like to have one in saber attack, two in jump and two in speed. That seems to work well.

My best time practicing has been about 54 seconds. The guys at the top simply got lucky. by good chance the bots all got together and he luckly ran over a good gun and hey has enough skill to know what to do.

You get all weapons, and since the skill level is set to padawan, you have limited force powers and only the first two saber stances (fast/medium).

I have no clue how anyone can get this done in 48 seconds. Since I belong to the 25 and over group, I only have to worry about the old fart that got it done in 58 seconds. CRAP!!!

I have been practicing for a bit and can get times of 1:30 pretty easily. I got one time that was about 50 seconds, but it was extreme luck. I had just picked up the heavy repeater and I walked outside to see 6 bots in a saber battle. So I got 6 free kills basically. The happened once out of like 30 practice runs, but there is always that chance it could happen again during the tournament...

I'm pretty sure when I looked at the screen for the first time yesterday, I saw that it was the 1.03 version.

Being in the geezer category myself (at the ripe "old" age of 26) I was relieved to see that there would be separate divisions for those of us with jobs, and those who can actually sit at home all day and practice. :D

But I have NO FRIGGIN' CLUE how some of these people can do this in under a minute, especially in times of UNDER 50 seconds. That just amazes me. I was feeling pretty good today about my fastest time of 1:32 (playing under this same handle, but without the "1138") which was a personal best for me. I have no illusions about winning any money....I'd just like to win a GF4!!!

Good luck to all those competing.

:duel:

Hey fellow competitors, yeah if you noticed that today the Current Winner

Handle: Ritz

Time: 00:42

Store: San Jose, CA , now that's just freaking crazy! I mean they expect us to beat that, I was able to get a time of 1:10 today, which is my personal best, it even ranked me in at 63 of my age division. The best guns to have are like the Repearter, Imperial

Blaster *fast setting, and maybe the Bowcaster. But I agree it's all luck, just plain luck...

Archived