Home

Why Assfighting Hurts The Game...

QuietSith

Does Assfighting hurt the game?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Does Assfighting hurt the game?

• Yes, it does stop the suspension of disbelief and make the game feel less real and fun.
    • Yes, it hurts gameplay and gives higher scores to those willing to exploit it.
    • No, it does not hurt the gameplay at all.
    • I use it myself all the time!
    • I can live with it or without it, it does not matter.

I found myself extremely frustrated by assfighting just last night. It seemed the entire server was doing this. And the biggest problem was, I couldn't manage to do it to them myself. It was like they had actually DEVOTED themselves to backstabbing.

Backstabbing is okay in moderation. I don't mind if somebody backstabs me once in a while because they had a good angle and I left myself open, but I hate servers where everybody runs around giving each other a full moon and a lightsaber in the gut.

I really can't stand assfighting. It seems that most people have yet to find an effective counter for it, and it really does cheapen the realism that the developers obviously were trying to get with this game.

YOU ASSFIGHTERS! YOU'VE ANNIHILATED EVERYTHING THE DEVS WORKED SO HARD FOR! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

*Lunatic turns to somebody wearing a t-shirt that says "Assfighter and proud of it." Whipping his lightsaber off his belt, he somersaults over the assfighters head, and scars the assfighter's buttocks with the blade's tip.*

*As the assfighter writhes on the ground, clutching his seared ass, Lunatic shuts off his saber and mutters, "Now try and fight with it."*

*Sneering, Lunatic bolts off into the distance.*

we're actually talking about assfighters here. These are people who walk backwards swinging their saber, not the people who kick you to the ground, and then stab.

Assfighters are the eaziest opponents in the game, I can think of at least two counters that will give you an instant kill against these players, so why bother flaming them? Enjoy the fact that they play that way wich is good for your frag count.

People running backward on the servers is indeed ridiculous. Another thing is how saber fighting has degenerated into making someone fall then backstabbing him.

Unless I'm mistaken, changing only 2 simple things would put the enjoyment back into the game:

1/ Limit backstab maximum hurt to the same regular stab in/the given stance.

Say a heavy stance regular stab maximum hurt is 90 health points; then the maxmium hurt of a heavy backstab should be 90 health points if received by one player, or 45 health points each if there were 2 players hurt by the backstabber or 30 health points each if there were 3 players around the backstabber. The more people affected by a single backstab, the more the backstab maximum hurt is divided and therefore the less backstabbing is an interesting option.

2/ Pull and Push shouldn't make a Jedi fall.

Gameplay has become a falling contest instead of saber duels, that shouldn't be.

Put together, this 2 simple modifications should be enough to stop the backstabbing mania (and hence players running around backward) and force player to duel it out, using more than a single saber stroke, repeated over and over again. Which can't have been the type of gameplay that was originally intented.

I love the backsweep, and when someone's about to hack at me from behind I'll use sweep to stop 'em. But running around backwards the whole time is just stupid.

Backpedalling is an important part of saber-fighting for the same reason that assfighting is stupid. Only expose your back to a corpse.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

One more post and I'm done here--I've made my views abundantly clear methinks :D

IF anything is done to backstab, it should be to limit the turn radius. Stab is a thrust, and the positioning of the feet in the animation shows that it would be impossible to whirl around like a dirvish. Thus, the backstab is limited to what is directly behind you. You could still kill more than one person if the stab goes where the bounding boxes meet. This will make backstab a skill to learn--timing will be of the essence. I'd still leave the blocking the way it is.

Backsweep has a cutting arc and should be left alone.

Of course, I *really* don't think anything needs to be done to this game--it plays really well as it is. Well, one thing--make it impossible for me to fall off sh1te. Please, Raven, I beg of you...

:D:cool:

Originally posted by Chewie Bakker

Only expose your back to a corpse.

If only THIS was TRUE

Actually showing yor butt or your face doesn t change anything to Blockin rate .......u will block a slash same

This is totally lame considering u don t block Shots ( including Throw ) from sides and back

Archived