Home

Can you turn off surfaces for SP Kyle replacements?

bclee

Does anyone know how to turn off surfaces for a SP Kyle replacement? For instance I tried to replace kyle with jedif, but .surf files are ignored in SP and changes to npcs.cfg work for everyone except Kyle. (Actually they do work for Kyle in the cut scenes but not in the game). Thus any skin which requires surfaces to be shut off to look ok looks bad as a SP Kyle replacement. If anyone knows how do do this, what I'm missing, etc. please let me know. Thanks.

I'd really like to know this answer as well. I tried putting in Mace Windu for Luke, and his head gets really messed up, because it's supposed to take the the hair piece off of his head in the .surf files, but that is ignored in SP. Would it maybe have something to do with editing the npcs.cfg??? I noticed that there are surfOn's and surfOff's under there.

To answer bclee, I don't know, but I sure would like to know.

About Mace/Jan... You have to edit npcs.cfg to turn off the different surfaces for the characters. For Mace, you probably have to turn off head and head_face and turn on head_off and head_face_off. I forget the names for Jan, but it's the same concept.

Archived