Home

1.03 or 1.03a/1.04 +/-

dolny

1.03a is actually a bad, bad name for the new compiled source code. Why? Because there is also a server binary with the name 1.03a, which is confusing. I recommend the U104 mod, or Unoffical 1.04 Patch Mod. It is untouched source code from Raven (that came with the second SDK).

It's not a patch that changes your game files, so all you have to do is install it into your Jedi Outcast\GameData\base folder and you can play on both 1.03 AND 1.04 servers, without ever having to activate or deactivate ANYTHING. Having it "installed" doesn't ever hurt the game or not allow you to play on other servers.

You can get it right here.

The advantages are that it reduces repeater and flechette secondary fire ammo useage to 15 instead of 25. It reduces damage on the backstabs and doesn't allow you to spin so damn much while using them. This makes saber combat perfectly balanced. I played tons of U104 at a LAN party with my friends, and we couldn't find even ONE move that could be exploited.

In my opinion, it is the best version of the entire game.

Oh, and in addition to balancing MP, it also fixes numerous MP and SP bugs.

LEC wouldn't let Raven make another patch, so they released what they wanted to be 1.04 or 1.03a or whatever in the SDK for us to compile it and use it, and I think it's awesome.

[/shpeel]

I'd just like to point out, I agree that 1.3a is not a good name for the above reasons, whenever you say U104, I think yall are talking about a german wwii sub...:D

but thats just me... like we need anymore names for basicly the same thing.

I will have to try U104 when I get home next week. I myself would go for the "fanmod" mod.(see, its not spam, i'm on topic;))

Archived