Home

Enemy attacks enemy

lassev

Hi!

My current SP level demands NPCs to fight among themselves in controllod manner. To be more precise, I should get two NPCs fight each other, like those jedis in Yavin. However, I have use not only for saber wielders like reborns, but also basic grunts like Grans or STs (if it makes any difference).

So far, I have tried to set (with ICARUS) the enemy of each fighter to the targetname or NPC_targetname of the other fighter, but to no avail (along with some basic settings).

So, I would indeed be grateful, if somebody could post here the absolutely necessary settings with ICARUS to achieve this humble mission.

- LasseV

Well...doudt this helps but i have found that if you take control

of a npc with the cheat lvl 4 mindtrick and make him attack his

buddys when the mindtrick wears off if both parties are still alive

they will continue fighting. Ive made some pretty interesting multiway

battles between reborn that way. The bad news is that they

(just like the training jedi on Yavin) are incabable of killing eachother.

BTW ive only done this with reborn...not with gun totin NPCs.

Well,

Thanks for your posts - I though none was coming. My aim is to have a kind of boxing match going on in a big hall the player enters. Thus I'm using a pair of grans with no weapons beside their big, ugly fists. And I have scripted them immortal anyway, so the match won't stop too early. Second script would make them mortal when the player attacks, thus rendering them vulnerable.

I think I'm going to meddle with their team settings next. If that helps, it's fine. ICARUS is the way to go anyway.

Kind of like the fighting Grans in Drazen Isle, eh? Heh heh.

Well, you could set their alignments to neutral I think, then have them attack each other, then just change alignments when you hit a trigger brush or something.

I did pick a correct path from some other thread (can't remember accurately which one) with the team settings. However, there was no need to change the team of the grans themselves, it was enough to just set their enemy team to enemy, even when they are still themselves of the enemy team. Funny thing, but then again, evil turns upon itself, as it is said.

Next big thing is to make some movement. Right now, those two boxers are just standing in the middle of the ring punching each other. They don't move like butterflies, that's for sure. I think I must put there some waypoints and use, periodically, some random wandering, or perhaps set the grans to flee mode from time to time. Won't be easy, but in the end, far more rewarding (not to mention funny).

Thanks again for all answers and posts.

Archived