Home

invicible brushes and a red line??

pakmannen

okey, i got problems..

1. in my level there are four brushes that i can't see in the editor but that showes up in the game. and as i can't see them in the editor, its not very easy to delete them.

but how can i do that? (delete them)..

2. not sure if this is a problem, but after a compile, there is a red line showing up in the editor windows.. very weird. it usually starts from the info_player_start box..

anyone knows what this is?

1. Brushes may be detail and maybe you have marked "Hide detail" option. Press Ctrl+D and perhaps they'll appear. Just a guess.

2. You have a leak. Very bad. Follow the line, it will ususally lead you the hole in your map. Seal the leak.

Originally posted by pakmannen

1. in my level there are four brushes that i can't see in the editor but that showes up in the game. and as i can't see them in the editor, its not very easy to delete them.

but how can i do that? (delete them)..

If it's not what xcom said then I think I might at least know the fix for it. I keep having this problem every now and then. I think it usually happens when I ungroup a grouped set of patches and then try to delete parts of the group. Not really sure though. But whatever causes it I would end up with wierd, usually thin brushes in places that I never even put anything in that spot in the editor and of course they wouldn't show up in Radiant. But the only way i've been able to fix that problem is to use the plug-in that comes with EFRadiant that will "purge evil poly's". That always fixes it perfectly for me.

Manquesa: thats exactly what happened, i think.

i had a prefab or something, then deselect it. and later, i deleted parts of it, not it just four thin brushes left.

how did you fix this? don't understand......

and xcom, thanks, i'll test that!

download EFRadiant, Open your .map with that. In the menu bar, Go to the Plug-ins menu, there should be a plug-in that says "purge evil polys" , select that and you should see in the text box at the bottom of the screen telling you that it removed some brushes.

You can copy the .dll file for the plug-in from efradiant and paste it into the tools folder for JK2Radiant (I think it goes in the tools folder) so you can use the plug-in in JK2Radiant instead of needing EFRadiant for it.

Archived