Home

1.03 and SP

mythren

Ermm...is it just me, or does the Jan Ors model screw up a TON when using 1.03 in SP mode?

Also, lots of specific graphics (the flames coming out of the pipes near the beginning of the game, that give you the hint that that long passage is gunna explode) don't show up as well...

Any ways to fix these? Or do I just reinstall and don't use the patch to play SP?

If ya ever want to play SP properly again, uninstall the patch.

1.03 ****ed up soooooooo much stuff in SP and for some reason made the game even harder on my system (lower framerates).

In the Doomgiver level (with the patch) textures on those mech droids were missing, some of the lights were strobing through the spectrum, the sound is horrible (throughout the whole game). Like if ya swing your saber, the vvvvvvvvom sound happens like a second too late, so it sounds totally retarded. Sometimes ya can even make the sound of the saber touching a wall dissapear. AND, if ya do the light lunge, the saber makes a THWACK sound. Like WTF? It's not a stick...... oh wait, in 1.03 it is.

Plus all kindsa other crap.

And to top it off. Sometimes the game won't even START. It gives you this

path name c:\program files\lucasarts\star wars jk ii jedi outcast\gamedata\base\levelshots is too long error in the console. EVEN IF THE DIRECTORY DOESN'T EXIST! It happened to both me and one of my clan mates. And both our comps are WELL over the sys requirements to play JO

Mine being a 1.4ghz with a geforce3 ti 200, 256 megs of ram and soundblaster live, his a 2.0ghz, geforce3 ti 500, 1 gig of ram and soundblaster uhhh...... can't remember lol.

I get Great frames and it seems to work exactly the same on mine.

I've heard alot abotu the too long name error, but i've never had it

My specs -

1.4 ghz

256mb ram

ATI Radeon 8500

30gb (hd space which has absolutely nothing to do with performance)

Originally posted by mythren

Ermm...is it just me, or does the Jan Ors model screw up a TON when using 1.03 in SP mode?

Also, lots of specific graphics (the flames coming out of the pipes near the beginning of the game, that give you the hint that that long passage is gunna explode) don't show up as well...

Any ways to fix these? Or do I just reinstall and don't use the patch to play SP?

I had the same problem.

http://home.t-online.de/home/teleguy/shot0035.jpg

Its caused by the 1.02 savegames. If you start a new game everything will be ok. ( I was just in the first level so restarting didn't hurt that much. )

And to top it off. Sometimes the game won't even START. It gives you this

path name c:\program files\lucasarts\star wars jk ii jedi outcast\gamedata\base\levelshots is too long error in the console. EVEN IF THE DIRECTORY DOESN'T EXIST!

Does the full error message say

ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH ( strlen(Program Files/LucasArts/Star

Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/base/levelshots/) = 78)

Archived