Home

Medium--only normal-looking stance?

Lunatic Jedi

Is it me, or is medium the only saber style with a movement speed that doesn't imply some kind of illness?

Strong style looks like the guy's drunk or has insufficient muscle mass. Thet swing the saber like it weighs 40 pounds.

Fast moves, on the other hand, look like a crack addict having an epileptic seizure and just happens to be holding a lightsaber. :p

Medium is the one that looks the most realistic. Not that I'm discouraging you from using strong or fast.

Don't believe me? Take a few swings in strong & fast... you may change your mind (multiple spinning horizontal attacks in fast look absolutely hilarious).

*This has been a public service anouncment brought to you by a lunatic.* :D

yeah, you're definately right about red (heavy/strong) being too slow. Even though I've never held a real lightsaber ( I guess nobody has now that I think of it), I'm guessing it's not as heavy as the stance lets on. It should be a little quicker, but just as deadly. Blocking should not change for it though. I like blue or fast stance though. It uses alot of turns, which just looks fancy ass to me.

The games already unbalanced by having heavy be so slow. It shouldn't take anyone, especially a person able to use the force, 2.5 seconds to swing a lightsaber in one direction, and I don't care how hard they swing.

And I tend to think it's the player and his style that determine whether light and medium are a match for heavy.

Just my opinion.

I see you're point but if it moved faster, wouldn't it just be called medium stance.

The grass is only greener on the other side of the road, never both sides.

Pick speed or power but never both. Otherwise everyone would just use the best saber stance and the other 2 stances would have been pointless to make.

Look at it this way. To take a swing with that much power, you need to prepare yourself. Naturally, to do that, the Jedi would charge for a moment before he took a huge swing.

So even if the saber would move very quickly, the charge delay would balance it out.

Ok, that makes sense, I thought you wanted light or medium stance speed with heavy stance power.

One thing I don't understand is that if they say every saber stance is balanced, why do you pay more force points to get strong stance then to get medium stance, etc.

If they are truly balanced, they should all cost the same amount of force points, right? That's always bewildered me. I know, if you get strong, you get all 3 stances and can switch between them but some people don't use all 3 saber stances. I usually just use heavy or medium but I'm forced to use force points on light.

Just my 2 cents.

Archived