Home

Custom Lightsaber help!

Adonai Saboath

Generally you want the lightsaber to have no more than 1000-1200 polys because of the massive amounts of polys that custom models and sabers have. most of my models have had no more than 800 polys and still looked nice.

Rule of thumb is to NOT have more than 1000 vertices, or your game will not load correctly.

I can skin it for you if you want. But I cant skinmap it. I dont remember how to do that. My experiance of late has been vehicles from Renegade but this isnt much different. Just smaller.

Kaito Fett

All I need is the skinmesh and a picture of it.

The max verticies is, I believe, 1000, and the max triangles I think are 1111. I believe this goes for all guns as well as sabers.

I recommend keeping it under 600 or around there for performance reasons. You don't look at the thing much, no reason for killer detail. Also, if you get it down to like 500 or 600, and if it's just for SP, you can skip LODs which can be a pain in the ass sometimes. They are only really needed for high poly counts during MP on not-so-awesome machines.

In milkshape, you need to "regroup" it...make it part of a seperate group, you don't need to disconnect it from the model though.....then go to materials, just mess with the diffusion, and ambient crap.....and assign materials....

thats just a quick easy way of going about it....

i'll try and get its Polycount down...its around 700-800 i think right now....

Archived