Home

Fixed model scaling mod

Dest

I fixed tchouky's model scaling mod so that all of it works as a pk3 now. I also doubled the maximum file size for the cfg file and removed the limits on the sizes of the mdoels. I'm not really sure why he had those limits in there so it might mess something up, but I played without the limits and reelo at size 0.2 is funny :)

Here's the url.

www.8op.com/dest123/tck.zip

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I used very small 0.01 and very large models 200.0. 200.0 is a bit excessive and lags the game because the players head is as big as the level but its funny. 30.0 is a good size for a king kong type character. Only problem is that when you use models above the size of 1.5 they tend to get stuck in the ground so you have to jump and change your model in mid air to not get stuck.

Originally posted by Dest

I'm not really sure why he had those limits in there

I believe the limits were in there for anti-cheating purposes, and to keep gameplay at least somewhat fair. A player that's too tiny to even hit isn't fun to play against.

I dont see how you can have a 3 digit limit with a float.

Having the 0.5 - 1.5 limit wouldn't affect cheating since it is the server that sets the model size.

And yes the mod should work on linux since it is all in a pk3 now.

I can't seem to get it running on Linux, not even with the new version, do I have to run the game with the same settings as with the old mod ?

Cause it looks at the dll, and Linux won't work that way...

If you could help me out with this I would be very gratefull !

Kyle is the base for model size. In the Essential Guide to Characters book (and some in the Essential Guide to Alien Species) all heights are listed. If you assume that 1 is the standard size set to kyle's height, and kyle is 1.8 metres tall in the book, then u can do the math for other peoples height.

1 / (kyles height of 1.8) x (new characters height)= answer

I have WAY too much time on my hands.

Originally posted by Daskers

Kyle is the base for model size. In the Essential Guide to Characters book (and some in the Essential Guide to Alien Species) all heights are listed. If you assume that 1 is the standard size set to kyle's height, and kyle is 1.8 metres tall in the book, then u can do the math for other peoples height.

1 / (kyles height of 1.8) x (new characters height)= answer

I have WAY too much time on my hands.

i know this, but i want to see if they can figure out how to make a scale in meters, since 0.36 for yoda is way too small.

Archived