Home

Attack of the Grip+Slash Whores!

Son of Calypso

Okay... I'm tired of these 2 move cheesers -- you know the ones that Force Grip you into a wall or corner and keep hacking away on you until you are dead! Is there anyway REAL GOOD WAY to counter this?

Here is what I have tried;

LIGHTSIDE

Absorb: Quite possible the best technique for LIGHT. Unless you get Force Drained before-hand and then Gripped!

Heal: I don't care how much mana you have. Heal doesn't seem to matter to these Grip+Slash Whores! You use all your mana while you are Gripped and they still get ya.

Push/Pull: Is it just me? or when one of these Grip+Slash Whores like to Grip you, then swing you around in all directions (if they catch you in an open area.) All the while trying to get you into a wall or corner to finish you.

These are the Forces I have tried with Light so far. Now on to the...

DARKSIDE

Lightning: Why bother? It doesn't seem to do jack-schitt to these Grip+Slash Whores! Even with full mana.

Drain: May be the best DarkSide has to offer in countering this move. Then again, if you get drained by these Grip+Slash Whores you are screwed!

That's all I have tried with Dark Forces.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

BTW, The Force Pull/Backslash is alot easier to counter then these Grip+Slash Whores.

hahaha

Is this a joke? this is a joke right? you're not honestly getting owned by grippers? please tell me you're joking right, that's a joke? right? right... ?

hold forward, pull them, they land at your feet on their backs, backsweep them, they're dead. end of story.. :/

it's not hard, not even vaguely hard, not even ... erugh! I can't believe you need help with this?

Cheers

Etherael

push and pull or absorb if your force pool is near empty

as soon as somebody grips you they become extremely vulnerable to a push or pull

if you push or pull them you have a 90% (just making that up) chance of knocking them to the ground, therefore allowing you to use your favourite move on them!

if you are low on force powers you gotta love these guys, they grip you, then you turn on absorb and suddenly your force pool is back at about half because of how much power grip uses

BTW: its not called mana, its called your force pool, this isn't Diablo II

if you have full health then let them grip you and when you fall run at them and kick them, then backstab them when they fall to the ground, or when they are gripping you turn on speed or rage or protect or both speed and protect or speed and rage and put your back to them before they let you go and then give them a nice backstab surprise. 100% gaurantee that they will never see it coming. do it just before you fall though. dont broadcast it you know.

Etherael,

1) No.

2) No.

3) The Grippers that like to swing me back n' forth at a rapid velocity that makes it almost impossible to target a push n' pull. I've only seen two guys use Grip as effectively as I have just mentioned. Not to mention these guy's also like to change up the pace by Gripping you up in the air overhead so it makes it even more difficulty to push n' pull once in awhile. Or even worse, when they combine both of these tactics. I know there are most guys that do the Grip/Swing back n' forth and this can be somewhat easily countered by a push or pull but these two guys act like they are on Speed WITHOUT the FORCE SPEED!

4,5,6) No, no and no.

7) And yes I need help with this because the tip you have mentioned I can pull of 90% of the time of the AVERAGE GRIPPER.

You know the ones that pick you up and just hold you in the air, or pick you up and swing your around slowly.

Malinkie,

I'm not a Noob, nor a bad player. I've been playing JK2 2hrs a day religiously since April.

Twins of Doom,

Thanks for the tips. And BTW, I have never played Diablo 1 or 2 so I wouldn't know about Mana. I heard Mana off a post here somewhere and it just stuck with me. Don't mean to help spread the wrong word, lol.

Intoxictd,

I don't know if I typed all the counters. I think Protect may work but I have not experimented with it. That is one of the reasons I created this post. Guess I just felt too lazy to test out all the Force Powers and have sticked with my most basic 'tried and true.'

My problem is best described under my reply to 'Etherael' under answer #3.

leelink,

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna have to try that one where I turn while Gripped and backstab them. :) This one seems especially useful considering this one guy like to pin me up again'st a wall all the time with Grip and slash away! This may very well be the answer I was looking for....

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Much appreciated.

Ok sorry, you just got me off guard, grip since 1.03 is one of those attacks that generally just makes me laugh at whoever is trying to use it.

Do you have l3 push / pull ? These have a large radius of effect, so even if you don't target your agressor exactly you're likely to hit them with it. I read something here about push not working if the gripper is below you, but I always use pull so that I can finish the gripper off, and that works no matter where he is. Experiment and let us know.

Aside from that, as far as force powers go, yes absorb is the killer counter, no matter how much they swing you around or try to stay out of your FOV, it doesn't matter, just whack on absorb and you're out of it and gained a load of force from it.

Leelink, I'm a little confused about something, you said turn away and let the grip finish right, but when you let the grip finish you go into recovery for 1 - 2 seconds where you're unable to attack and that's when they attempt to slash you up as the original poster was talking about, if you try to backsweep, as far as I can tell they're going to own you in the recovery period unless you have enough health / shields to withstand a few hits as well as the grip damage? Can you please explain this tactic?

TOD's kick tactic though definitely does work, and often leaves the gripper with a very confused expression cause you don't enter the kick animation, you're still in your throat holding recovery animation and you kick them ;) Also it puts you over their frenzied slashing to finish you off at the end of the grip.

I apologise again, I wasn't trying to sound leet, I just seriously thought this was a joke, like someone asking how to beat those cheap ass k-rad bryar pistol whores. ;)

Cheers

Etherael.

Push / Pull is only gonna work if your facing your opponent. The experienced gripper isnt gonna give you a chance. Then theres the thought of being toss'd to your doom, or being wedged under a bridge or behind a wall where you are unable to push/pull free.

leelink letting someone finish gripping you is a real bad idea. After being gripped your stunned for a few secs leaving you open to saber throws and all kinds of nasty stuff.

Absorb is about the only sure fire way to stop a grip. You can also try to throw your saber at them a few times.

I think Protect may work but I have not experimented with it.

I don't think protect will work...from it's description, it only protects ou fro physical attacks (e.g. lightsaber slashes, and blaster fire) ABSORB will work all of the time....as soon as you get gripped, pop it on and you'll be let go.

thats why I suggested speed, protect and rage. it will hasten your recovery time or allow you to take a hit. to be honest I only use speed and just turn my back and backstab or run at them and kick and then go into the dfa. I almost never fight a gripper, unless im low on health, then I push and pull or throw my saber while they grip me. I dont mind exchanging saberthrows for grip. trust me, the backstab thing works. just make sure you use speed or rage. rage is best as it will allow them to hit you and not kill you.

Archived