Home

Jar Jar model in progress

Major Clod

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You bring up a good point with the neck thing. I am now convinced he modelled it himself. incredible work. but the textures are def. from that other model for the arms (I know cause i downloaded the other one a while back) and the red swirly things are exactly the same. but who cares, its accurate, and its amazing, great work.

This Jar Jar model has been sitting on my hard drive for over two years now. Orginally it was a model for Halflife but I never got past making the mesh. I took it out and added a lot more detail to this model. I used the Sci-Fi 3d model for a few skin references to see where the patterns appeared on the model, but that is about it. The textures were created from scratch after quite a lot of work. The textures were not taken from the other model, if you look at both sets together they are quite different. For the swirl pattern I sat in PSP for a good half hour creating a tileable swirl texture, then used the fill tool to put it in a new layer above my skin.

On the animation issues. Unfortunately there is no Jar Jar walk, that is something we cannot do at the moment. However, I have weighted his ears so that the lower portions are mostly weighted to his shoulders (left and right respectively) and partially to his head, so the ears have a good amount movement with no clipping of the back. The only small problem I have had is the arms clipping through the lower part of the ears in the lightsaber run and some swing animations, but other than that the mesh deforms quite well.

I will consider releasing the model as a singleplayer stormtrooper replacement as well as a MP model.

This is one of the best models I've seen yet.

It ranks up there with the Count Dooku model (WIP), Yoda model (WIP), and the Darth Maul model (by Chesire (sp?)... I think).

I'm willing to wait for it's release, but it's gonna drive me to the loony bin, just so ya know.

*imagines cutting hundreds of JarJar's into tiny little pieces and drools...*

I personally can't wait to get Jar jar into a game, turn on Saber REalistic battle and dismemberment, and then spawn in like 50 more, then just hack all of em to pieces :)

Jar Jar stands talking to another gungan...

"Meesa thinks it's ***Lops off head*** burp"

lol

DIE JAR JAR

Looking good Major Clod,

I actually started trying to convert the jar-jar model from SciFi3D but gave up, I was wondering whether you are going to make detachable ears? As in we can cut them off in MP. I did this when I was doing the segmenting of the model and seperated each ear as a seperate mesh and named them

r_ear_head and l_ear_head (I think)

I'm pretty sure as long as you make the caps for the ears you will be able to cut them off in MP.

This would be a cool feature of the model, many ppl asked for this in eary days of JK2, that's why I was trying to include it with the conversion. But I decided in the end that I couldn't be bothered doing anything past segmenting him and weighting him to the bones so I stopped, glad I diddn't continue your model is perfect!:)

sorry for the long post

Clod between this and the Chewie model I am convinced you are the best independant modeller I have ever seen. I think you should send your resume to some game companies, i'm thinking it wouldnt take much to get you a job doing this.:D

Originally posted by LINK-ER

I personally can't wait to get Jar jar into a game, turn on Saber REalistic battle and dismemberment, and then spawn in like 50 more, then just hack all of em to pieces :)

Jar Jar stands talking to another gungan...

"Meesa thinks it's ***Lops off head*** burp"

lol

DIE JAR JAR

I've never been able to turn on the dismembering thingy on JO.

I was told to go:

\g_saberrealisticcombat 1

\g_dismember 3

\g_dismember probabilities 100

But I never got it to work. I can get dismember and dismember prob to go in, but it always says that saberrealis(yadayada) isn't a valid command.

Any help?

Originally posted by Eklin

I was told to go:

\g_dismember 3

But I never got it to work. I can get dismember and dismember prob to go in, but it always says that saberrealis(yadayada) isn't a valid command.

Any help?

Erm, I do believe it should've been a forward slash. :p

Originally posted by Eklin

I was told to go:

\g_dismember 3

Any help?

Go to your "JK2 Game Dir"\GameData\base

And then create new txt file and add these

lines in to it:

helpusobi 1

seta g_dismemberment "3"

seta g_saberRealisticCombat "2"

seta g_dismemberProbabilities "0"

seta g_dismember "100"

seta cg_dismember "3"

Then save and rename that file to autoexec.cfg

(not to autoexec.cfg.txt - be sure that you