Home

JO Linux

Guest Is_907

Guest Is_907

I know that JO runs within Wine or WineX but I would LOVE to see a linux version of Jedi Outcast...

with Quake3 you just need the windows cd-rom and the linux q3a point release... this would be an ingenious system for JO... seeing as how we wouldn't have to pay for the Linux version.

however, i'd be willing to shell out another 40-50$ just to get JO in Linux!

>prays to the gods of linux (Linus Torvalds) and the gods of gaming (Raven =) that he gets a Linux version of JO<

=P

Yep, I run a duel boot system, WIN2K Pro and Mandrake.

JO on a system as stable as Linux would be very sweet indeed. There is no doubt that Linux will eventually support gaming. As soon as it does... it's buh bye Winblows for me.

Kaan

I run Mandrake 8.2 and Win98.

And Linux DOES support gaming. Quake 3 Arena, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, now FreeSpace 2,... SimCity 3000, Alpha Centuri, Unreal Tournament, Myth II, FAKK2, Decent 3, Heavy Metal 2, Tribes 2, Terminus.

Linux is actually a very good gaming platform as is. Improvements can only make it better.

I'd love a Linux port of JK2. All we need is for a group of serious (and I mean by that, not the under 18 yr old script kiddie types) programers to get together and approach LucasArts about doing one, complete with signed non-disclosure agreements and rights forfeiture agreements. If LucasArts and the Id people were OK with it, then they could do the port. It would increase LucasArts' goodwill towards Linux gamers.

I tried to do this once before, but it fell through. The response from the Raven people was pretty positive though...

Archived