Home

Lightsaber Hilts in Progress

quamosity

Keo, no I haven't. I have yet to actually get into any of the New Jedi Order books, but I will not allow that to prevent me from making a saber similar to that style. There are pictures of several Vong in the New Essential Guide to Characters, and I could base one off of that. However, if you have any other images of what you had in mind, I would love to see them.

That is definitely a great request. And I should have a good deal of time this weekend to take care of a saber or two.

-quamosity

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is my best description of an amphistaff: a long black scaled snake, with a pointed, sharpened tail at one end, with the snaked head being roughly the size of two fists(I suggest the mouth be open for the saber to come out of) the eyes are red and the underside of the amphistaff is grey. the amphistaff is able to be a whip, which when is not used, wraps around the arm of the person posessing it, it is also able to bite, with a fatal venom and is able to spit an acidic substance at targets from many meters away. that's the best description I was able to gather from all the NJO books I've read :D

Originally posted by Jon_Cypher

by the way, have you thought about my suggestion of doing the double bladed lightsaber? I think it would be nice to have more than just the exar kun and the maul saber for dual bladed fighting... http://members.tripod.com/MousieDroid/Hilt/Jarvis_Zarhn_2.html

but that's up to you

Yeah I thought about it. And then I stopped thinking about it. That saber looks quite a lot like Darth Maul's saber. In fact, its nearly identical, give or take a few details. If you have used my saber pack, you would notice that I have 4 different dual-bladed lightsabers for usage - Phoenix Darkstar, Jediq, q_sleek, and then that Kun saber. So you DO have options.

As for the ampstaff, I have completed the twisted handle for the hilt, and I want to do something with a snakes open mouth for the blade emitter, however I am having difficulty planning that out. Progress should continue once I find some time.

Thanks

quamosity

Originally posted by quamosity

I don't remember having even discussed it....please refresh my memory...

it was back on one of the first few pages of this thread.

Originally posted by t3rr0r

is there anyway to make the whole pike a jedimod compatable saber without the energy blade? if there is, i'd like to request the type of staff kir kanos wields, the double-bladed one... if that's not too much to ask. :rolleyes:

oh...right...that. Well, I figured that since there are the katana replacements and the axes, that doing a dual bladed force pike would not be too much of a problem. However, I do not fully understand how it should be done. It might be as simple as not including tags with the hilt, or it might be something else.

If anyone has an idea on how to get that to work, I will implement it first on my force pike saber (with tip) and then work on Kir Kano's pike.

I think I may have misunderstood your point to begin with. How exactly do you see people exploiting the invisible blades? To me, it would seem that if you cannot see your own blade, you aren't getting any cheat out of that...you are in just as deep as your opponent would be...

But please explain it further

The invisible blade would be primarily for the purpose of using with things like the force pike and gaffi stick. This way, you could make both of these models without having to worry about making them hilts. The invisible blade shouldnt be able to be selected with regular hilts. You wouldn't be able to see how an opponent is attacking you.

Archived