Home

Feel the force Luke (or anyone for that matter)

Jah Warrior

Do you guys like me get a bit panicky when your health gets down to the sub 30hp level?

well i scanned the forums for something that i thought would help.

Lo and behold i found this:-

cg_draw2d 0

It gets rid of the Health meter - and any 2d graphics for that matter.

I found that when i dont have the opportunity to see my health i also dont get the chance to panic either!

It makes you rely totally on instinct (the force) It's helped my gameplay no-end and if you are confident I'm pretty sure a lot of folk would benefit from this.

There are drawbacks however:-

A you cant see the score sheet, and you cant see the stance meter, but these minor drawbacks are far out weighed by the ability to keep your fighting style the same whether at 100/25 or 1hp.

I know this will not be everyone's cuppa tea, but its worth a try at least.

If you dont like it simply type cg_draw2d 1 to get the HUD back.

I found that binding it to a key helps

bind x cg_draw2d 0

bind c cg_draw2d 1

that way you can flick between them with ease.

I hope this helps somebody, I know it helped me.

The other thing is you can take screenshots without all the clutter all over them using this command

Anyways,

Peace to you all

Jah

Yeea I get paniced too. Usually it helps but sometimes I do retarded things (like a heavy lunge, dfa, or a light lunge that could be seen a mile away). I'd love to use it but I wont because I like to know when I'm 100/25 at the end of a duel :p

Yeah...for some ppl it might be nice to have the possibility to turn of their dispolay of health points...

But I think that there also are many out there, using their hp to plan their strategy...

For instance if one have 2 hp left, then it might not be the smartest idea to turn to Strong Stancem and charge the enemy....

That's the way I use the hp indicator.....but sometimes I might think of turning it off....

Actually for me it's the exact opposite. The only way to stay alive is to remain calm.

I play Full Force duels and am one of the few Light Side users that does not Heal.

When I get down to 20-30 health I know that even a random "bump" could end the match for me so I am extremely careful not to foolishly put my self in a position where my opponent could counter and kill me.

It is usually when I am at full health that I take those foolish risky chances because I know I will most likely survive.

Archived