Home

WIP - My Skin/Moooa's Mon Calamari Model

adillon

moooa has so generously allowed me to take a stab at creating a skin for his fabulous mon calamari model. it is a work in progress, and one of my first REAL attempts at skinning, so please be gentle.

anywho, i had an idea a little while ago for a group of sith. people asked me at what point in the star wars timeline would they exist. since it is an original idea, i felt the best place to put them would be immediately following the events occurring in jk2. in a nutshell, a group of students at the jedi academy, led by one of the trainers (see him here as a sith) were disgusted with luke skywalker's lack of action against the threat of desann and his reborn. during desann's invasion, they made their departure from the jedi academy ... many believed them to be dead. i decided that one member of this group of sith could be a mon calamari ... seen here.

the basic concept behind him is that for the most part the skin tones of mon calamari range from a salmon color to light blue with distinguishable spots/markings of some kind (more or less). they also seem to have very friendly, colorful, inquisitive eyes. this guy (he doesn't have a name yet ... any ideas?) has been so consumed by the dark side of the force that his skin color has faded to a dull gray-blue tint, and his eyes reflect the fire burning within him that is the dark side. no more mr. nice guy. heheh.

as i said, he is a work in progress. i've laid out a basic IDEA for the color of his clothes, but i only grayscaled and inverted what moooa had provided. HIS CLOTHES ARE NOT ANYWHERE NEAR COMPLETE. i'm going to attempt to make them look more like the concept sketch i drew ... a uniform of sorts.

his actual skin is what i've spent about 98% of my time on. i'm not happy with the "bald" spot on top of his head ... distortions in the skin created this. any feedback/ideas/criticism/praises are most welcome.

thanks again, moooa, for your time and effort in creating this awesome model ... hey, a little blatant @$$ kissing never hurt. ;)

Lookin good, i recomend maybe a red for the collar, it would go with the red/black theme, plus it would contrast nicely with his skin, the light grey kind of washes out. and maybe a few "age" lines drooping from the corners of his mouth. and perhaps a scar somewhere on his face, maybe through his lips going up and over one eye (make one eye blind - hazy whitish color) it will look even more evil.

all in all, great start, this is probably the best mon calimari skin concept i've seen yet, the others looked too plain, they need more detail. good work.

Very cool, adillon :) Silvery is actually a real Mon Cal color. There was an Admiral or something in the Rogue Squadron comics, I beleive, that was silverish. Can't wait to see how the clothes end up.

Klorel: Mine is too plain? *sniffle*

thanks for your comments, guys. like i said, the actual skin part of the skin is what i've spent the majority of my time on, and except for the "bald" spot on top of his head, i've very pleased with it. and brad, i guess the same goes for mon cal as it does for twi'leks, the more "flavors" the better, huh? :D i was just doing the gray color as a result of his dark forces tendencies, but if there are other silver colored mon cal, then it works all the better. klorel, you mentioned a scar and a blind eye? hmmm ...

i'll try to post some updated screenshots tonite ... i'm gonna tackle the clothes. can somebody remind me how to turn surfaces on/off? :o i'm not quite sure if it's possible with this model or not, but i wanna be able to turn the belt off ... BradFu, you seemed to do it on your skin, can you help?

Very nice work

I'd like your idea of his grey skin obtained with the dark force

For the top of the head I know this problem and try to fix it

I'm happy to see all the skin done for the model :)

All I see is really great

moooa

Archived