Home

Question about posting screenshots & turning off AI

icefox98

Okay, how do you post screenshots from your hard drive onto this forum? AND, is there anyway to disable A.I. in Singleplayer with npcs, (making npcs not attacking each other) then, putting it back on.

I have been fooling around with loading Multiplayer levels in Singleplayer, then I used the Jedi Worst's Fear mod, and I have been trying to recreate a clone wars battle with clonetroopers, and the whole bit. I would like to post a screenshot or two to show my progress, some of these battles look very, very cool. (Example: I lined up about 5 rows with 10 or so in each row of clonetroopers perfectly, looked like a battalion of sorts, versus Rebels, considering lack of Battledroid models we have at the moment.) With a huge army of Clonetroopers, a handful of Dark Jedi, and an atst, versus an army of Rebel Troopers, a hanful of light jedi including myself (obi-wan) and anikan, all taking place in the genenosis level, makes for a quite entertaining scene. Any ideas, suggestions, and help with this would be appreciated.

-Icefox98/Rosco: The Prince Of Space

I think his main concern was posting up screenshots. :rolleyes:

The easiest way to do this is to grab a free server with off-site pictures enabled (http://freeservers.com/ is a good one; Angelfire, Geocities, Lycos, etc. disallow off-site pictures), upload the picture to your newly created address, then post the image here using the vb "IMG" button (when you make the post just hit the IMG button and type in the URL to said image, if you're too lazy to type the syntax yourself :p ). If this forum would allow uploads in posts, said events could be avoided, but I understand why they're off via folks posting viruses.

As for AI movement, I'm not necessarily sure how to shut it off without screwing up any settings. After looking through a bit of code, I found three ways:

Method 1: Going into the bot's .jkb file and physically editting bot react time to a VERY high number. This may be a bit too permanent, so let's try option 2.

Method 2: The variable I could find for individual bots is "reflex." Try something like "clonetrooper reflex 3600000" (should tell the bot to not "react" for a full hour :D ).

Method 3: BOT_THINK_TIME 3600000. Another command I could find, and was too lazy to test out. :)

Try these out, and see what happens. Merc out. :fett:

Archived