Home

A kicking script/Script Tutorial

KDOGGG

I just started scripting and I understand how to program but can your .cfg file have any filename and to do each one must to execute it everytime you load JK2? Also is there a good kicking script/binding cause I'm sick of the double tap being inconsistent while playing? Are there any good scripting tutorials out there? anyhelp will be appreciated. Later guys (girls you're included in that) Don't want a sex war started. See ya.

KIRK

• 11 months later...

Wow, you are asking for so few things, so ill make this simple, to make it load automatically, you need to name the file

auto exec.cfg

Yes there is also a kicking script, it would be...

set "fkick" "+forward;+moveup;wait;moveup;wait;+moveup;wait;moveup;-forward"

bind x "vstr fkick"

now remember, the script needs to be ONE LINE ONLY. The only exeption is the bind x "vstr fkick" which is to be on its own line entirely.

Oh yea. THX JaraDaj for this information. All the credit goes to him/her (since i dont know the sex of the person).

It's how you're supposed to kick, you have to get in position and then double-tap jump to kick (or use strafe kick), what they're doing is taking all of the skill out of it and just make you have to press 1 button. It ruins the game, requires no skill and it's for cheaters.

It seems u guys have issues with what we do. I really dont give a rats ass about it. If they want to know how to then ill tell em... plain cheating eh...my ass. In v1 (unupdated) all u had to do was run up to them and jump. So it is basically NOT CHEATING!

If u have problems with that, just stfu!!!!!

No, actually, just no. Just because it was there in an earlier version doesn't mean it doesn't give you an unfair advantage. "Scripts" like these give you an advantage over normal players. You're exploiting the flexibility of the Quake console for your own needs, something most other players don't know how or will not do. That is what is called cheating.

Archived