Home

Co-op?

Morph_175

I really wish there was a coop too. There's a mod thats coming out that focuses on rebel combat, no sabers though :/.

And what sucks even more, Multiplayer AI is shyte so you and your friend end up chasing the bots or pulling them towards you when they are retreating for the 50th time.

If only we could use the "npc spawn" command in multiplayer and bring the SMART Single Player AIs into multiplayer. Man... 2 humans versus an army of shadow troopers... you're gonna need more than absorb and heal against that lot.

The only decent way imo to simulate a coop environment online is to use team ffa mode, then change to a small map like duel_temple or duel_training and have you and your friend join one team then add and army of opponent bots. They wouldn't have much space to run and it should be an interesting game.

Yeah, I caught wind of the co-op mod myself:

Last I read Wired Lamp Studios was working on production of a co-operative version integrated in multiplayer. Unfortunately, we wait with baited breath.....From what I understood; the single player source code is the rat responsible (or lack there of I should say). So I suppose they are utilizing roundabout ways to solve this problem, I'm just glad they are sticking to it. I was really looking forward to the Kaiburr Saga mod, but got severely delayed I suppose over the summer.

-----------------------

One idea that caught my eye was that pre-packaged debug modifier. For those of you uninformed, it's a few exploited easter eggs and whatnot. For instance: allowing you to spawn npc's in multiplayer, and allowing you to "kiss your opponent." Very good intent but just didn't satisfy my npc spawning needs. IE: spawning a bot with a lightsaber, he/she would hold it like a gun and never use it. Boy, what I wouldn't do for a dream dev team working on that for a while. I had heard of a future release, but have ever since been oblivious as to anything involved with it whatsoever. If any one had any more information on it, I'd be happy to be extended the privilege. Anyhow, those are my thoughts on multiplayer: Have fun with em :)

It is far from dead don't worry, my buddy Kumba is the project leader for the coop mod and i bug him for an update every once in awhile and just so happens i got one earlier today. :)

I was told the mod is now in alpha 2 stage and they are busy testing it internally (when it goes beta i get to test it!!). So the good news is they have it working, but don't expect to see a public release for a little while yet.

EDIT: In case you guys didn't know Wired Lamp Studios has a forum on these boards, there is a thread discussing coop.

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=153

Archived