Home

New custom Npcs are possible

studman0201

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had problems with the maul model. Mine wouldn't show up at all. He would just be a reborn Stormie. I think ur problem is you deleted the old folder. You cant delete the old folder cuz it refernces to it. Game god I will try it out. Give me your e-mail so I can send it to you if i get it workin

Emon give me your e-mail and Ill send you my pk3

im pretty sure in the original forum studman said chang told him it was possible to spawn custom npcs in maps, ie custom npcs automatically spawning in custom maps.

i also posted a few icarus scripts i thought some coders might be able to devlop on.

essentially, the problem i encountered was jk2 (in the console) was saying npc_beau has no spawn script or something like that. therefore, we need to work out where we can add the npc_custom spawn scripts. and that means, locating the original spawn scripts which i thought were in a dll file?

Dunno about greatly improved, but it would be nice. Most NPCs are useless since they belong to the existing story, so you can just replace those.

I personally would like to add new NPCs without jacking up the old ones that I might need sometime later.

Ok so if i wanna make some more new npc's like say a friendly obi wan, or a jango fett or something, do i just make another "newnpcs.npc" file and adjust it for that character, and repeat the process. If so do i name the new file "newnpcs2.npc"

if im wrong on all counts, please explain.

Archived