Home

NPC Mod Pack 1 released.

-Chrono_MOT-

Originally posted by Matt Shoemaker

Chrono, do you need correct scales for everyone?

yes.

and yes, depending on how you set their levels NPCs will act differently according to rank. A captain ranked jedi will survive longer than a lt ranked jedi (captain is what desann is set to). Their mannerisms are all dependent on class. If you set someone's class to shadowtrooper for example, they will cloak (and obviously be evil) when not attacking.

I set Plo and Mace to Captain, and anakin to lt. Obi-Wan is set on ltcomm. Plo and Mace have no problems beating Tavion, but Obi-Wan and Anakin had to work together to beat her :p

Hmm...I see. But the thing I'm aiming for in my mods is to include the actual NPCs, models and all. That way you don't have to download the models, THEN download the mods.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-

yes.

and yes, depending on how you set their levels NPCs will act differently according to rank. A captain ranked jedi will survive longer than a lt ranked jedi (captain is what desann is set to). Their mannerisms are all dependent on class. If you set someone's class to shadowtrooper for example, they will cloak (and obviously be evil) when not attacking.

I set Plo and Mace to Captain, and anakin to lt. Obi-Wan is set on ltcomm. Plo and Mace have no problems beating Tavion, but Obi-Wan and Anakin had to work together to beat her :p

Hmm...I see. But the thing I'm aiming for in my mods is to include the actual NPCs, models and all. That way you don't have to download the models, THEN download the mods.

Chrono,i need some help with a mod im making....im not making new NPC's....but im trying to replace some...i replaced jedi with anakin....and jedi2 with plo koon...but jedi 2 STILL shows up like the normal jedi two....sept he has NO HEAD AND HIS EYES FLOAT!

lol...

another problem....i installed the desann to vader thing.....and deleted it....but my desann still show's as vader,sounds like vader,and has vaders saber even AFTER replacing it with someone new.....i wanna replace it with dooku or Rawg....but i cant because of this.

Originally posted by SithBrakiss

Chrono,i need some help with a mod im making....im not making new NPC's....but im trying to replace some...i replaced jedi with anakin....and jedi2 with plo koon...but jedi 2 STILL shows up like the normal jedi two....sept he has NO HEAD AND HIS EYES FLOAT!

lol...

Go into the npcs.cfg file, find Jedi2 and delete the surfOn and surfOff stuff for him.

Here's an idea then. The Plo Koon skin is a skin of the Imperial Worker correct? Take the Plo Koon .skin file and rename it to model_plo.skin and put it into the Imperial Worker's folder. In the npcs.cfg file find Jedi2. Change the model to the imperial worker (however it's written in there) and add customskin plo. That could work.

What's your email? As soon as the computer its on is working I will email you my mod so you can just install it and spawn plo and anaking separately. If you are desperate to get them in game make ABSOLUTELY sure that every file corresponding to him in model/players/plokoon is zipped up into the directory called model/players/jedi2 and the same for anakin (model/players/jedi). This way you ensure the skins are there correctly and zipped up.

Alternatively, you can do as what was suggested. Put all of Plo's skins in there and edit the npcs.cfg - your choice.

By "premade" ones, you mean a pre-made custom npc, right? Sure, you can change any skin/model into an npc, and you don't even have to replace old ones to do it. Obviously, you have to download or already have the skin/model you want to convert.

There's lots of info on how to do this in the general editing forum, mostly in the "custom npcs are possible" thread.

Archived