Home

W(s)IP : Ways to Get work done

Shadriss

Ok, so here I am, with two maps in the works. And I realize that, hey, I have NO WAY to get them tested by others and such. Not to mention, no way to get people INTERESTED in my works and prodding me in the back to get them done either.

SO! In answer to these little problems, I started this thread. Hopefully, It'll give me a chance to get my maps seen (by way of links that I'll be posting later) and a way to get people to beta test them when I need it.

Right now, I have two projects : the first is a duel map I'm calling the TriArena, consisting of three rooms, each a location for a battle. It's currently just about finished, with the exception of BOT routing, ,which I haven't figured out fully just yet. As soon as I figure it out, I'll call this one open for testing, should anyone be NICE enough to want to do that.

The second is designed primarily as a CTF map, which I call Chasm. The architecture is almost done here, and screenshots will be avaliable so. I hope.

In advance, thanks for the suggestions, comments, and such. Hopefully, This will give me some motivation to actually FINISH the work I start.

Thanks for that Rex, and I'll try to ignore the hint that I may turn evil. After all... I ALREADY AM! :bdroid2:

I don't have bot support on Tri-Arena yet, but I think it's about ready for Beta testing. (I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE...). ANd as an update on Chasm, I've finished the architecture and have started on the texturing. Likely to take a bit, But I'll get screenies up for it as soon as I can.

Once again, anyone willing to beta this, give me an email. I'm primarilly looking for the following :

A. Comments on the level itself, to include the architecture, lighting, and such. Also, any placee you note sparklies or HOM. (Shouldn't be any, as I build EVERYTHING in caulk and THEN apply textured...)

B. Any suggestions for improving it. Or any additional things that you think could add to the level. Also, an evaluation of suitability for the different modes of gameplay. Currently, I'm thinking Duel, FFA, and Team FFA.

C. Anything else that occurs to you.

Thanks again, in advance.

It's a thought, Wes. BUt you may want to re-evaluate when you see it. Give my your email, or send me one at my email address and I'll send the PK3 to you. I look forward to your critique.

Oh, and send both of those Duel of the Fates MP3's. I'll want to hear them both before I chose one to use.

:yoda: When nine hundred posts YOU read, sound as good you will not, Hmmm?

OK, guys. FOr those who even care....

Tri-Arena is ready for BETA testing. As soon as Wes gives me his ICQ number again, I'll send it to him. If you're reading this Wes, mine is 164614108. I've already identified one problem to fix, and am trying to find a way to do so. If anyone can give an answer as to why walking around would cause a water splashing sound... well, get to me with a solution, if you could. :)

Second, I have finished the architecture for Chasm. I'm working on the texturing, but with the newly discovered issue with Tri-Arena, I may hold off on finishing that until I have an answer.

And third, I've posted an idea for a big SP MOD on my homepage. It's not even in it's infancy yet. In fact, I'd say that, at this point, it's more like the gleam in the milkman's eye. But, the base idea is there, and I'd like to get some feedback on that. Plus, anyone who would be willing to help out with it, should I decide to follow through.

Ok, think that about wraps it up. WES! GET BACK TO ME!

:wornout: This is me at the moment....

Ok then! After a lot of work, ,and a bit of divine intervention (thanks, Richdiesel!) I have added bot support for Tri-Arena. I tested it with six bots (so seven players including myself) and didn't have any problems. I don't know it's upper limit yet... but testing will determine that.

WES! I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE BUT TALK TO ME! I've got the PK3 ready for you! I just need your ICQ NUMBER!!!

Anyone else interested in BETA testing, let me know. Screenshots and status on the maps have been updated on my website, people, and I finally nearly have my first map done!

Oh, and wes, you may be on to something with that "three seperate map" idea. THen again, maybe not...

:deathstar (Before Dinner)

:deathii: (After Dinner)

THATS THE LAST TIME I LET THOSE COOKS SERVE CHILI TO THE STORMTROOPERS!

SOrry about the shouting, Wes. I just want to get this out, and I'm excited.

Anyhow, I tried to put a link to the PK3 on my website, but that's a no go. Don't ask why, but it don't work. SO now, I have to try to figure out how to get this out to people... Any ideas here, guys?

Ok, the first BETA testing is done on Tri-Arena. I've got a few things to take a look at, and I haven't had much time to work them yet, but hopefully, I'll have it ready for release (probobly through Jediknightii.net) in a week or so, work allowing.

Thanks to Wes Marrakech for the assistance. Anyone else wanting to help me out with this, email me at Shadriss@hotmail.com.

Archived