Home

Why do some skins replace existing ones?

Demolisher

I tell you, there are some really great skins made for this game :cool:, but why is that every other Kyle Katarn (Jedi Academy and a few others) variation made has to replace him? I already have a replacement for him in single player, but don't need one for multi. Same with the Han Solo skin using lando that makes his hands white; that's annoying too. It's not that hard to make skins point to models wihout replacing them, it's all a bunch of text files (.skin files). Just my $0.02 for today :D

I completely agree, that's why I make all my single player replacements have the ability to be used as a SP or MP skin. just delete one small part and it will no longer replace the original skin, and the new skin will still work in multi,....

I think he was getting at the fact that you can replace a skin without replacing the original textures.

When you replace the original textures it can cause havoc among other skins which may use those said textures. This can easily be avoided by placing the new textures into a alternate directory and have the skin file refer to them.

Archived