Home

WIP: Joruus C'baoth

Darth Vigrid

Originally posted by Anakin-Davin

who is joruus c'baoth. I'm guessing he's in the lord of the rings and mayb he was played by christopher lee in the movie???? correct me if i'm wrong please

ok boys and girls, i have some homework for you. go out, RIGHT NOW and read this book, this book, and this book. prepare for me a 5000 word essay analyzing joruus c'baoth through the eyes of siegmund freud. for extra credit, compare cloning in the star wars universe with the cloning of dolly the sheep. please include all necessary quotes, footnotes, cross-references, etc. all papers are to be double-spaced and handed in by first thing friday morning.

good luck, and have a nice day. :)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few more I think are neat C'baoth moments.

"I control the Force!"

He is again yelling at Thrawn in this quote.

"I am the Master. You are the servant."

He is talking to luke in this one.

Those were the only two i could really find in the book The Last Command, but i remember in Dark Forces Rising I believe when Luke was with C'baoth on the planet Jomark then Mara came to rescue him and save Karrde that C'baoth said some crazy stuff to luke as he delt out justice or whatever. I don't own that book so i can't page through it.

Thanks for your help, Jason Solo, I like the taunts you've come up with. With a dozen taunts in all, there is no way you'll get tired of any of them, and it really adds alot to the model.

adillon, I got your e-mail about your initial testing of the model, and am currently trying to work out the issues that you've mentioned. Thanks alot for the critique and the pics. They really help out alot. I know you mentioned a change in the icon. The icon I use currently is just a old avatar of mine, I'll make a new more professional looking one as soon as I get the model completed.

I've done a little more work on Joruus. The sleeves had been clipping the sides of the robe when he walked, so I've completely redone the mesh on them. Now they are at a different angle. I'm in the process of completely re-weighting the torso and the robe. I want to get a perfect weighting done, so I can finally try to get a finished skin on him.

Here's the new sleeves

note: the texture on the sleeves appears weird because I used the map from the old sleeves. I have to redo the mapping on them.

Thanks, These new arms will work much better, and there will be no clipping on the side of the robe as he walks. I really haven't gotten a chance to do any work on the model itself (the result of Computer Science classes and school in general). Origionally, I was just thinking of making the team CTF skins recolors of the origional one I've made, but I'm having second thoughts. Does anyone want to have a go at making a skin for this model? It would be cool if it was released with more than just my default one.

DV-

i like the changes you made to the sleeves. not that the clipping was all that noticable (sp?), especially during a duel, but it was happening ... glad to see you're making joruus as perfect as can be. :D

ctf skins would be awesome ... maybe they could be younger versions of him, especially with darker hair, with the red skin looking a little more sinister.

i think i've nailed down all 12 taunts we have so far. there is a certain raspiness and slight echo to them, and i've tried to make the volume a little louder than the default taunts, because of c'baoth's tendency to amplify his voice when he's ticked off. heheh. check 'em out ...

c'baoth

destiny

duel_death

force_bind

jedi_rule

kill_you

kneel

master_servant

mine

obey_die

rule_empire

tired

... let me know what you think. if you're happy, i'm happy, then i'll finish up with his other assorted sounds.

great to hear you like the taunts DV. i wanted to get the volume so loud it would blow people's speakers out, but decided against that. just trying to be as "authentic" as possible. heheh

let me know if you need my email addresses again if/when you send that to me. looking forward to it.

Those sound really good, but none of the taunts really protray the crazy clone side of him. Like my taunt that I suggested "I rule the Empire." I think this would be one of his crazy clone moments. I know its tough to get that through is booming voice which sounds good but maybe speed it up or something like that.

Originally posted by Jason Solo

I think this would be one of his crazy clone moments.

i never got the impression that he ever "lost it" and went crazy ... he was just mentally unstable. but maybe that's just my interpretation of it. :confused:

darth vigrid is pretty happy with them, and i am too, for the most part. i need to start working on joruus' others sounds, but i may come back to the taunts and tweak them some more. we shall see.

thanks for your input and help, jason ... much appreciated. :D

I really like the model but I think that the torso looks too "strong"

Joruus is an old guy and maybe if the texture have less contrast

For the hair I think it's too perfect, like the beard. He live alone in a caste so maybe his hair goes in many way like his hair (if u could add some polygon which goes in many way or use shader for some transparency on the extremity of the hair and beard like the chewbacca model)

For the rest it's perfect, the face texture and the coat texture is impressive :)

Sorry if it's offense you but for illustrate what i say I take your render of joruus new torso and paint over it

I know that paint over a picture is easier than model it but it make a idea of what i think.

http://www.geocities.com/mooooa2002/joruus.txt

For the hair i just add 1 or 2 details

For the beard i change a little the form

I see in an old render of u with the sleeves bigger. Do u already use them ?

I think u already have this pics but I think his robe have a hood.

http://www.haight-ashbury.com/starwars/baoth.gif

I'm not sure but maybe

Once a again you're job is very great I just try to help u a little bit.

moooa

You are right I haven't view this pics. I just looking at my abs and they doesn't look like those :D

For the hair maybe take a look at the chewbacca model and see how major clod do the fur of the wookie maybe u can use the same technic

And for the beard you will not have many things to change, just the form, add 1 or 2 poly and change a little the texture

I like the taunts, but there's no emotion in the voice, it sounds like it's just a synthesized darth vader. I always thought that the way he said things like "I am the master. You are the servent." that he'd say it in an angry, presumptuous voice. I don't mean to critique, but the taunts do sound really emotionless in my opinion...

well, the taunts were just my interpretation of joruus. i picture him being rather emotionless, more of a matter-of-fact kind of character. and being that we have no "real" basis for the tone of his voice, other than anthony daniels' wonderful rendition in the audio books, this is what i've come up with.

it IS darth vigrid's project, however. if he wants more emotion in the voice, then by golly, i'm gonna put more in. :D

let's wait and see what he has to say ...

Archived