Home

Note about length of saber fights

ChangKhan

A reminder to dedicated server runners: I recommend that you set g_saberTraceSaberFirst to "1" only for duel modes, set it to "0" for all other modes. This will make the saber combat last longer (because blocks work more frequently) in duel mode, but they will be shorter in other modes.

I think most of us feel like saber only battles especially with force where people can heal take too long in FFA or Duel. What are yoru thoughts on increasing g_saberdamagescale to 2 or 3? I have it set to 2 currently on my server. Does this double the damage for all stances?

Can you give us a list of every command that changes saber and force stuff?

I seem to find different information and commands all over the place.

It'd be nice if Raven could give us an entire list of variables that we can tweak - like the saberdamage and saberlockingfactor type commands.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

There is mainly one reason saber fights take too long and can sometimes be a total standoff. MED KITS AND SHIELD PACKS.... people often fight on top of these and then the fight isn't really worth the time. Another thing is people running away from fights when they are wounded... with weapons this isn't a big problem, but on saber only servers it sucks... you might be able to hit them with saber throw on an open map... but still I really think removing med-kits and shield-packs would improve the gameplay on saber only servers.

• 5 months later...

Archived