Home

Idea for a SP Map/Mod/Game? i dunno what it is

Darth-Nasty

ok this idea just came into my head a few minutes ago and i wanna ask you people in the know about the feasability of it

Basically it is a similar format to the ladder but i need to know if a couple of things are possible

1. Can a map of this type work with a time limit rather than a kill limit??

2. Can the location where the NPC's spawn be made random??

3. Can a running total of enemies killed be displayed in the corner of the screen

Ok ill explain my idea. It just a mini game. something a bit light-hearted. Its basically a cross between AOTC and the classic game "whack-a-mole"

it is set in the tusken raiders camp and the player is an emotionally charged anakin skywalker still in a rage after witnessing his mothers death and looking for revenge (you can see where this is going)

The title will be "Slaughter-a-Tusken Raider" and will involve the player having to kill as many tusken raiders as possible before the time limit expires. Each time one is killed a new tusken raider ventures out from a RANDOM hut to investigate what are the mysterious sounds coming from outside unawhere of the psycopathic jedi padawan lurking outside

LOL, that would be kinda funny.

Good idea though.

I'm not sure about a lot of that, but as for #1 and 2, I'm sure that would be possible.

Just a matter of scripting.

As to #3, that would also probably be a scripting job, but I have no idea.

I hope someone tries this, I can't, got five maps and a prefab to complete(prefab's almost done)

:emperor: I shall rule the galaxy.

Neet idea!

While one would sorta like to see it in SP it might be difficult or impossible.

We dont have the code for that and Icarus scripting has it's limits.

I shure wouldnt want to try to code it in icarus.

However it would be quite simple to get a working proof of concept

for multiplayer that could be improved upon.

The big draw to multiplayer is also that a lot of the framework is already there! think about it, the random spawning after death, the countdown timer, the kill counter are all already in place!

The Coding Free version:

Make the map, say a 3 by 3 grid of huts, there should be a spawn point in every hut (if you dont want then to move much giving them no pathing to follow other than out of the huts MIGHT work). Make a tusken raider bot, set him up to favor the stun batton over all other weapons. Start a Jedi Master game. pick up the saber, add one or two raiders. enjoy.

This could be improved significantly with coding, tusken behavior etc could be improved.

Im learing maping now and a simple setup like that seems like something I could try. I might -let me stress that, MIGHT- be able to make this map if you want. The big problem is it would prob not be very good and/or not very good :D

Archived