Home

the ideal 1.05...

zerowingzero

MUHAHAHA, i agree with you on some things but disagree on others

3) When a saber is thrown, either 1) disallow all other forces (pull and push most importantly), or 2) make the saber fall instead of returning like a boomerang, because well... that's rediculous.

....they are using the force....but it should fall sometimes, like in SP

3) Bring back the mid-air blue lunge. It really doesn't make any sense to completely remove it, just make the exploit floating not possible. HOWEVER, perhaps a new force should be introduced to aid landing, since whenever you see a Jedi fall a good distance, he/she is usually able to not hurt themselves (Mace Windu jumping down from the balcony in the Geonosis arena is a good example). Maybe protect already does this, but I am not sure (anyone know?)

4) Allow ground kicks/punches, after all, Jedi/Sith do know how to fight w/out a saber.

protect doesn't, says so in your manual, but both of these are more likely in an expansion pack....

Right now, using a saber in a guns server is basically suicide. I found running around w/ the stun baton safer... Basically, whoever has the Rocket launcher ammo, wins. Blah. Rocket launchers should have a backfire anyways....

actually, rocket launcher is easy to counter....force push, it's slow as hell anyways so you have plenty of time to dodge it or push it back

7) now this one is the kicker.... Allow users to ignore the chat of other users specifically, it gets SO annoying to see, "Padawan, you are the 136,003 player I have kicked to death." If only the score menu was interactive.....

again...expansion pack

all and all, a lot of the ideas in the posts in this thread are excellent ideas...somebody should email raven/lucasarts and point them towards this thread;)

Well i just played a kick and saber only duel with a friend and i need to say that kicks don't really help gameplay.

Don't get my wrong i can counter kicks effectivly, but i can honestly say that staying 10 ft from your opponent and jumping in for an attack (or kick) isnt really fun. The yellow and red finishers are an easy hit for an experenced kicker and that leaves regular swings and kicks.

I wouldent mind kick as much if it didnt know people over as much and did enough worthwhile damage to use as a primary strat, i mean it's faster than a blue swing and it's effectively unblockable unless your focusing on dodgeing, which doesnt really lead to a fun game.

Just some thoughts ;)

First of all I would like to say that game developers should ALWAYS make all aspects of Singleplayer & Multiplayer the same except for adding in chat/score admin/info type features. It's annoying to play a game in SP only to find out in MP that the weapons do about one fifth the damage or that the movements are completely different.

So far I like the patch, but there are some things I wouldn't mind seeing tweaked. The range should be relatively the same for all 3 stances. After all, when we change stances the length of the blade stays the same, so their reach should be the same, with a slight difference allowed for the arm's reach during the swing. It's annoying to see someone get hit by a swing that missed them by a mile.

I only play NF Duel so I won't comment on weapon/force issues.

range differences aren't much more than a few units, unless you're doing some spin move in blue or yellow stance.

You can test this by finding a nice huge flat wall (I used ffa_yavin for my testing) and set yourself up so you're perfectly parallel to it (strafe left and right and alter your heading until you keep the same distance from the wall). Also make sure you are stanging perfectly level.. press whatever key you have set to center the view.

Then select red stance. While holding attack, strafe left or right for a while. Take note if you're leaving marks on the wall with the saber. If you aren't, inch forward until you start to. If you are, inch forward until you aren't, then tap forward briefly to figure out the maximum range of that swing.

Then switch to yellow stance. Your saber will probably be missing the wall. Inch forward, doing the same strafe testing, until your saber makes a mark.

That's the range difference between the two. From what I saw, it isn't more than a fraction of a step. Same for blue stance, up until the point where you start doing spin moves.

The problem with the patches it the inability of people to just deal and get better at the finished product. The game isnt created to adapt to the way you want to play, YOU are supposed to adapt to the parameters setup by the programers in the game. Look at it this way If raven took every single suggestion on this game about whats good and whats bad and what to add and what to change, the patch would be 2 or 3 GB's in size just to make everyone happy. The only thing complaining does is makes them change the game yet again which in turn takes the group who was happy and makes them the group that is mad, IMO if raven was smart they would leave the game the way it is so that people just adapt and get used to it, and only fix the bugs. Because there is always going to be someone who dosent like what has changed.

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

1. sounds good

2. why, so people do the blender again and do BS/DFA damage 20 billion times?

3. It still is there........

4. Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you can hear absorb and they glow blue if you hit them, if they're already glowing blue only the newbies will attack them, it's just stupid!

5. there's a command to change the damage to higher or lower, that i believe was introduced in 1.04

2. simply because pivots give you more control. But, I could live with less damage.

3. I know. That was a good idea (to keep it).

4. Your right, but in 1.03 they where glowing even if they were not bothered by forces.

5. Yes, its gs_saberdamage or so. Default is 1 you can set it to 4. I dont know if you can set it below 1. However most servers run on default values. Another good setting is to lower the probability of blocking.

I think that ppl went for bs and dfa because they have not so much choice, since the saber was shortened. Rather then restrict the dfa and bs functionality, they should adjust tip damage that ppl user other swings too. I think they also cut the damage of swing in the beginning and the end. Basically those two cut off effects (tip-damage and off-mid swing damage) multiply. Such that the swing high damage area is now only 25% of what it was before.

But I must say that I would be happy enough if they keep bs and dfa as it is now and restore the tip and swing area damage.

What about making that bs and dfa pivots customizable?

.... "Dont complain fight!"

.... "If you would fight as good as you complain you would be excellent!"

Archived