Home

1.04 means kicking is king

Romosapien

The 1.04 patch makes this a whole new game. Goodbye to the ass-fighters, spinning backslash biyatches and DFA whores. With all of those techniques obsolete, no weapon is mightier than the boot. We still have crouch-lunge whores, lightning whores and choke whores, but they are easy to beat. My experience has been that since 1.04 came out, nothing has been more valuable than kicking. I can't tell you how many people who have tried to backslash into me have tasted my boot. It is quite amusing, although people are realizing it does not work anymore and seem to be doing it less.

I know some people hate kicking because it's not as "cool' as using a lightsaber, but nothing is funnier than turning off your saber and dealing hapless noobs a swift kick in the face.

I think we all know by now that "kicking is king." At first glance, I really had high hopes for 1.04. When I actually played the patch I decided that my three months of game-play had been wasted. Personally, I have always been a fan of duel servers and now that 1.04 has came out, dueling has gone directly to hell. With experienced players it seems that the winner is determined by not kick, but healing ability. It takes so much damned force to do anything now it's virtually impossible to adequately "whore" any move; therefore, if you're a lightsider and have just finished your amazing 1.04 kick combos you no longer have any force left for absorb/heal and if you're fighting a dser...you will be drained, omg will you be drained. Countless times I have raped dark siders w/ underpowered attacks only to be drained and throw/pulled to death. For me, this is the biggest draw back. And yes I know...everyone here can do so much better than I. I'm a noob, don't know what I'm talking about, etc etc....blah blah....and I'll have to agree w/ Twins of Doom and say that the patch, well, sucks!.!.!

[iss]Break_dF

:mad::cheers::3headed::crybaby::elephant:

counter the kickers by backing up constantly and saber throwing them when they do the "jump part"

they are vulnerable at that point

or you can back up, lure them into kicking, they'll miss...kick them or hit them with whatever

pull + kick is now a move that is spammed but that is countered the same as you always countered the pull + backstab/sweep whores before you got to the ground, absorb...effectively...or drain for dark side players

and personally, i think this on 1.04 after a little more playing

Duels : Just Fine...Backstab/sweep could use some more power though, and kicking less

CTF/CTY: tried it today...never died when running with the flag...they just can't hurt you fast enough anymore

mind trick to get in then (if CTF) absorb + speed to get out

i only died once in the whole game because i was protecting my flag carrier who was being attacked 5 vs 2 (one of them me) and didn't have the sense to run

unfortunately he wouldn't use me as his protection to run...

Team FFA: haven't tried it yet...but i can guess that it will be a lot like FFA (see below)

FFA: all you have to do is light stance and take somebody else's kill

you can work them down, but somebody will kill them for you

in FFA DFA is now a major tactic because it is a very strong unique move that will kill large groups, getting you major kills (like backsweep in middle of group with 1.03) this could still be done in 1.03 but was not spammed to death

Holocron FFA: haven't ever played it before (well once but i never liked it) ....i'm guessing it will be like FFA

Jedi Master: never played it (well once but never liked it) so i have no clue

i'm guessing that the Jedi will have a major disadvantage because he/sje won't be able to deal with their damage from guns because he/she can't kill people fast enough

so when are you people gonna realize that identifying the next cheap whore tactic only results in raven screwing up the game even more? ;)

Only thing 1.05 could do is remove all special attacks, including kicks, and THEN where would we be?

If you put half the effort into teaching yourself to become a better saberist as you do bitching about whore tactics, selfsame whore tactics would cease to be an issue to you.

Originally posted by Xzzy

so when are you people gonna realize that identifying the next cheap whore tactic only results in raven screwing up the game even more? ;)

Only thing 1.05 could do is remove all special attacks, including kicks, and THEN where would we be?

If you put half the effort into teaching yourself to become a better saberist as you do bitching about whore tactics, selfsame whore tactics would cease to be an issue to you.

i agree, that's what i do

you saw me during 1.03...i never whined...just linked to my guide all the time:P

Originally posted by Dak_iSuk

When are ppl going to realize that every move has a counter and skill will always prevail? Two offical patches and each time ppl have to come on these forums and cry when they should be online practicing to get better...:rolleyes:

:dsaber:

Dak

um, have you been reading this thread...that's basically what we've been saying...i think they get the picture.....so stop repeating what everybody else is just saying

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

um, have you been reading this thread...that's basically what we've been saying...i think they get the picture.....so stop repeating what everybody else is just saying

Hey I have to give you a reason to be a jerk dont I? And no i didnt read the whole thread i had to vomit halfway through because im so sick of the whiners.

Originally posted by Dak_iSuk

Hey I have to give you a reason to be a jerk dont I? And no i didnt read the whole thread i had to vomit halfway through because im so sick of the whiners.

well if you don't read the whole thread than don't reply

xzzy and I have both clearly stated that every move can be countered if you take the time to learn them

you have not added any new or helpful information to this thread so i suggest you read the whole thread, then reply with some information that may be helpful to the discussion!

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

well if you don't read the whole thread than don't reply

xzzy and I have both clearly stated that every move can be countered if you take the time to learn them

you have not added any new or helpful information to this thread so i suggest you read the whole thread, then reply with some information that may be helpful to the discussion!

I'll reply however I like. If you dont like it, too bad.

Archived