Home

Why is mace the only jedi with a purple saber?

icepool

Originally posted by Master_Ginn

I would have to agree with the purple but there weren't any different colored lightsabers in the Arena battle exept lots of blue and green ones and one purple lightsaber. There were not any yellow ones. And thats all i have to say about that!

there were no yellow sabers because originally jedi have blue lightsabers and sith have red ones. but when they came to film return of the jedi george had to change it because the saber did not show up during the battle of carkoon. so he made it green.

now jedi have green & blue - sith red.

the purple saber war just a request of samuel l. jackson.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ckcsaber

I wonder if GL is going to put any new saber colors in ep 3

Man, I hope so......as long as they show up in the background ok, I think he might do it. :)

Ollyhills, looks like you need to get your posting under some control..... ;)

Originally posted by icepool

Definately thats why I believe since they decided to add purple they should have given it to some of the female jedi, not mace I think it makes him kind of gay. I also think if any jedi should have gotten a special saber to stand out it would have been yoda with a yellow saber like the visual dictionary of episode 1 said.

The only reason they decided to add purple to the lightsaber spectrum is because Sam Jackson specifically said he wanted it. George didn't just decide on a whim to make his saber purple

And no, it does not make him look gay....he looks badass!

Archived