Home

Anakin Skywlaker Hilt W.I.P.

alaris

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anakin1a.jpg

users.cableaz.com/~ryan_hutchings/models/anakin1a.jpg

Pretty much done with the model. I elected not to model the belt clip ring as I felt it would detract from the model. The dimensions are pretty darn close. Some pieces may appear to be off in the screenshots.

I will work on the skin this week, and should have it done before next weekend.

:eek: nice work AGAIN!!! everytime i see a thread by Alaris i just seem mezmorized by it :) I need some help,. is UVWrapping the same in Milkscape as it is in G-Max? Because if it is, im stuck on this part "Now, to make the net. You have to unfold your model and lay it flat across the page, so it can be easily skinned. To do this, you will have to 'break' the vertices apart. Wherever 2 lines join, there is a vertex. If more than one line join at the same vertex, it can be broken into a series of 2-line vertexes. To do this, select the vertex and click Unweld, the eight button from the left in the top part of the Edit UVW Map screen. This breaks this:" and they show you a picture of the Netting. Which is very confusing to me. Please respond because im in need of a great modeler like yourself. its for my new Aliesha Darkstar saber hilt

sorry noone has helped you yet. I wish I could, but UVWmapping is next on my plate of things to learn after I finish these models. I do know, however, that UVWmapping is a lot more complicated than Milkshape's Texture Coordinate mapper. Let me splain:

Gmax and 3ds max are good for complicated models so you can unbind / rebind veritices and all sorts of stuff. Milkshape is a lot simpler. You simply select the piece of your model you want to map, and go into the TCM.

Then you select the name of the group you have selected and you can remap that selection from any angle available in the window (top, right, left, etc)

Then you can move the vertices around. The only problem is you can't unweld / join verticies or anything like that as in gmax. But I find the tool to be a lot better for simple saber models.

Archived