Home

New Rig! JOY!

Guest Boba Rhett

Guest Boba Rhett

Finally, after two long years of BSOD, neverending IE errors, and the struggles of getting games to run, I'm getting a new computer! Here are the specs,

1.5 ghz P4

256mb rdram pc800

40 gb hdd

Sony 16x10x40 CD-RW

Samsung DVD rom

SoundBlaster

64mb Radeon "sdram vers."

Windows 98 SE

I'm also having my current harddrive stuck into it also. It's just easier that way. :)

I'll probably be picking it up on Monday but it may even be done tomarrow!! :D

Guest Gamma732

Lucky you! Isn't it always nice to get a new PC? :)

My computer's pretty good but right now I only have an 8gb hard drive :( ....I installed Diablo 2 and it suddenly became 2/3 full :rolleyes: Hopefully a little of your luck will rub off on me and I'll finally get the drive upgraded soon

Guest Tie Guy

You shouldn't have done that Rhett. 100 credits says that by christmas they will have a processor close to double that speed. You could have waited just a little bit longer, and gotten more out of your money, but ohwell. I really want a new computer too. But i'm gonna wait 'til christmas at least.

Guest Boba Rhett

Or I could wait a year and get a 5ghz machine or I could wait two years and get a 10 ghz machine or I could wait ten years and get robot that follows me around and plays games for me! :rolleyes: In the pc world, you just have to jump in and hold on. You can't be constantly waiting for something better.

Besides, I doubt they'll have 3ghz out by christmas, well, maybe. The processor companies are only reconfiguring exsisting technology to get it to run faster and I bet the're going to hit a wall soon.

xwing guy,

That's a little out of my price range. :D The card is a 64mb Radeon. One of the best for it's price. :)

Guest Boba Rhett

Pedro better get ready to become my JK whipping boy! :cool:

Fergie, no, it's not the Geforce 3 equivalent. Your thinking of the Radeon 8500 with trufrom, smartshader, and a whole bunch of other things. Kinda out of my price range :D

I'm going to go buy Deus Ex and Max Payne tonight.

*giggles with excitement*

I want a new computer:(

Hmm.... maybe by the end of the year:)

Sometimes I just wish those chip makers would just hit a wall and just be stuck at a certain level for a couple of years;)

I mean, how far can they advance already? And how much further do we really need them to go in the near future? Games are pretty spiffy already, I know I'm good for awhile graphically, let's get back to game play;)

New techs are going to allow Processors to get up to the 500Ghz level in a few years. Also Hard Drives have some good news...they have new technology would take the computer world OUT of the Gb!!!! I forgot what the name of the next -byte is...All I remeber is it is strange. All of this info from PC Gamer.:)

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by darthfergie

New techs are going to allow Processors to get up to the 500Ghz level in a few years. Also Hard Drives have some good news...they have new technology would take the computer world OUT of the Gb!!!! I forgot what the name of the next -byte is...All I remeber is it is strange. All of this info from PC Gamer.:)

The next byte is a terrabyte, or 1000 Gigabytes. I've heard about some of that new technology, but i don't know about 500Ghz, thats an awful lot for a just a few years down the road. Oh well, patience is a virtue after all.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

The next byte is a terrabyte, or 1000 Gigabytes. I've heard about some of that new technology, but i don't know about 500Ghz, thats an awful lot for a just a few years down the road. Oh well, patience is a virtue after all.

A few years down the road for the government and large corparations. It won't be available to the public for at least a decade.:(

(by the way right now they have comps for corparations with 4 pntium3 1.0 Ghz and 2 graphics cards 1.0gb of RAM just $9,999 to RENT for 5 months)

Guest Rogue15
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Or I could wait a year and get a 5ghz machine or I could wait two years and get a 10 ghz machine or I could wait ten years and get robot that follows me around and plays games for me! :rolleyes: In the pc world, you just have to jump in and hold on. You can't be constantly waiting for something better.

YOU TELL IT TO HIM, MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

\/\/00000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*overhyped from getting Jared (redwing's bro) all mad and leaving the mots game.

heh. I would've been playing for a few more hours if he hadn't left!!!!!!!! :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett:

MANOWARS RULES!!!!!!!! *trips and falls into an anthill

Guest Boba Rhett

Awwwww crap. I was supposed to get it today but they only had one of them done, "the other was for my twin brother" so I don't get it until tomarrow. :(:mad:

At least when I get it I'll have some kickarse games to play on it. Deus Ex, Max Payne and Black & White. :)

Archived