Home

1.04 Servers That Don't Have Assets5.pk3

Absurd

Clan Doggus: Doghouse III Jedi Knight 2 - 128.12.82.23:27940

I asked the admin why he didn't put in the Assest5.pk3 and he proceeded to say I couldn't handle backstab and I was a retard.

Amazing.

This patch is seriously flawed in that an admin can run it like 1.04 with all the 1.03 issues.

Not even worth arguing with.

I actually blame the way the patch was developed instead of admins who abuse it.

It should have not been able to run without the file - pure and simple.

Raven needs to re-release the Linux and Win32 Dedicated server binaries to only run properly if they find the "assets5.pk3" file. That would solve the problem.

Big deal; if someone who thinks he's an admin wants to abuse the patch on his server, he can go right ahead. My advice is that you steer clear of the lamer servers; they will serve as a magnet for those people in the JK2 community that prefer that sort of thing. I say let them have their fun on their own servers.... while the rest of us play on true 1.04.

Just my $.02.

True. I think it's good that the little exploit is there. Because as Merc said, it'll serve as a magnet for those kinds of players. I think there should be a variety of servers out there for everyone's form of playing. That way, everyone is pleased.

Except that most players won't tell the difference until it's too late.

There's a reason to have version #'s in games.

This exploit is simply sloppy and shows a lack of attention to detail.

It's a great patch but whoever packaged it should re-think the next time he does it again.

Archived