Home

Changing Title Screen Background

SlowbieOne

Look in the .pk3 files, they should be inside gfx/menus - when you've found them, edit them and save them with PSP (Paint Shop Pro) or PS (Photoshop), then create a .pk3 file for your mod, put in the edited menu pictures (with the same directories as the menu pics in assets0.pk3) and then play the game with this in the target part of your shortcut to JO, right after the quote marks: "+set fs_game xx" . Sans quote marks, set xx to the name of your mod (this should correspond to the name of the .pk3 in the mod's directory). Then play the game.

Hope that helps.

create a .pk3 file for your mod, put in the edited menu pictures (with the same directories as the menu pics in assets0.pk3)

Exactly how to I make it the same path as the menu pics? (gfx\menus)

I'm trying to add it to a pk3 from my desktop and when I add it the directory says: C:\windows\desktop.

When I type in gfx\menus i get an error.

If someone is gonna help me by answering could you be thorough please? I'm not stupid but I'm new to this stuff and I need a good explanation, thanks.:)

You make a directory somewhere named gfx, then you put in a subdirectory named menus and you put in the graphics there. Then go down to the level of gfx, and drag the folder gfx with the mouse and put it in the .pk3 file. The menus folder is part of gfx, and the graphics you changed are also part of menus, so the graphics will get put into the pk3, and they will retain their directory. I'm not sure if there is any other way to do it with WinZip but this is how I do it.... sorry if I wasn't being clear enough....

Well, I tried it and it didn't work.:(

Can someone please give a detailed description on how to change it? Hopefully I'm not the only one who wants to know this.

3 days of trying to figure this out is getting a little ridiculous. Someone HELP!

What do you mean exactly by "the title screen background"? Do you mean the background to the menus?

If so - I may be able to help you as I have made an entirely new GUI for our mod. If you could explain WHAT exactly you are trying to change, I can help you...

just make a dir anywhere name it gfx, in that dir put the dir menus and in the dir menus put a jpg or tga named menu1.jpg or .tga then go to the dir before the gfx dir, rightclick the gfx dir and choose add to gfx.zip then click agree then rename gfx.zip 2 gfx.pk3 and place it in the gamedata\base folder.......THAT works!

Archived