Home

making a new weapon

Super J

i am trying to replace the e-11 blaster w/ my jango fett blaster. has anyone done this? their apears to be 4 md3 files. blaster_r, blaster_r1, blaster_r2, and blaster_rhand (someting like that) there is nothing in blaster_rhand, but it appears in all the weapons md3 files. i only saw two tags in the files. can someone please tell me what files i need to replace and what tags, ect i need for this to work. thanks for any help :)

The .md3 files hold the weapon model for when you are looking first-person (the gun you hold in front of you). The number after the underscore indicates a different LOD for the model (so you can change the detail and stuff in the video menu). The .glm is the version that you see when you aren't holding the gun in first-person - the weapon you see attached to other players and hovering above the spawning things in different maps.

As for the tags, I'm not so sure - tag_flash should be placed where you fire the weapon (I think it's only used to show the engine where to render the light effects) and tag_weapon should go where you want the weapon to be "held".

The best way to learn is to experiment....

Archived