Home

Shots of my newest SP level

Quall

I don't really know much about SW. But i'm pretty sure I got the look of Caruscant in my level. It's supposed to take place in a small sector. Anyways, here are some shots of the level i'm working on.

http://www.geocities.com/sagefan999/levshot1.html

http://www.geocities.com/sagefan999/levshot2.html

http://www.geocities.com/sagefan999/levshot3.html

The bsp is a fastvis (nolight), so the lighting is set to 100. The level is way darker than that. I didn't want to create a fullvis bsp because it would take all night to create. Just wanted to note that.

and i also wanted to note that most of those buildings are just for show right now and have no hollowed rooms.

Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

did you say hollowed rooms? if you are using hollow tool, STOP IT NOW! stop the madness before its too late!!!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the hollow tool. See, it's a tool. Not a robot. It HELPS you get the job done.. it doesn't do it for you.

Hollow out your brush, then whip out the edge tool and fix things up. Presto, the groundwork for a room has been laid out.

i use the hollow tool, but i also fix the overlapping edges. It saves me alot of time of making boxes. Anyways, what i meant was that most of those buildings don't have rooms inside them.

for websites, should i use hotmail? I don't have an account for my ISP.

Well, i dunno if this would be considered a "puzzle" in the level. But there are 3 main buidings in the level. Small btw. In each one you have to go through and get a key to unlock the next building. In a couple of buildings I included a func_breakable for the wall, which leads to the key. I made a storyline and I'll post it in sec.

Oh yah, in the pictures you see that the walkways just cut-off at the ends. Those will be linked and in the outside of them Im going to pu some fake buildings so it doesn't seem like the city just ends.

Heres the Storyline:

"An Ambasador of the small planet of Qwatu was sent to a runned downed city in Caruscant to meet with a member of the something, this will substitute for now and discuss unknown matters. We also got word that a bounty hunter was hired to assassinate the Ambasador. We didn't want that to happen before we found out what the meeting is about. We sent your partner, Jan, down to Caruscant to find the bounty hunter and stop the assassination from occuring. She has not finished her mission, nor has she reported back. I fear that something may have happened to her."

the missions were going to be

1) stop the assassination

2) find jan

and probably more to come

oh yah, i don't really know much about SW, so i haven't gotten down who will be saying all this

its perfectly original - it aint another simple no plot map; and it aint about saving the new republic once and for all!

i mean really you cant make something completely original unless you want to go outside the continuity bounds of the SW universe

sure theres cliches and such, but i mean it wouldnt be SW if it didnt have cliches!

Archived