Home

root.xsi ?'s

Kvetch

Hi, I am working on my first character model. I don't have any problems doing the modeling but I don't understand where to get the root.xsi file and how to import it into my modeling program. I am using 3DStudio Max and have read "Guide to getting a model in to JediKnight 2 by Tim 'spacemonkey' Appleby" and a few others. It seems that the root.xsi file has the correct bones information. Is this right? Once I have the model made I use the root.xsi skeleton for the model, then weight the bones, then map it. I used the m3d import/ script and can import the character models but it doe not have any skeletonal system.

What programs(scripts) read the xsi file format. How do you export out to the xsi format?

Where can you get assimilate carcass compiler program?

Thanks

Kvetch

Why do the models import in with the another torso and head underneath the main meshes. It seems the highest LOD face is the lower one is this correct?

Also why is the skeleton in the sitting down position?

thanks

-kvetch

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why do the models import in with the another torso and head underneath the main meshes. It seems the highest LOD face is the lower one is this correct?

Also why is the skeleton in the sitting down position?

thanks

-kvetch

-Yes the lower one is the correct one.

-To properly import you need to uncheck the animation box in the XSI import dialog. At least from what i remember.

Archived