Home

Spawn: Finishing Touches

Sniper Wolf

Hey everyone I'm proud to say that the Spawn model is completed and will be released in two days. Just need to test the weighting and such.

One problem I have is that some of the body parts are off in wierd places. I know Madjai addressed this problem, but I don't know where the thread is. Anyone mind to answer? Thanks

Greaat model! I just saw the Spawn movie last night and it makes me even more antsy to get model asap :D That uncaped spawn kicks ass! I think he looked cooler in the movie tho :rolleyes: Keep up the good work! btw... Remark, where have you been :confused: Hibernating? hehe jk nice to see you 'round here again :wavey:

he's got fat legs, you should probably round him about a bit more, expecially on his one big boot. Model all the individual spikes aswell, it would make the model look much better....you've got some mapping problems on his upper legs, the area between his legs and his waist looks wrong, i think his shoulders might still be a bit too broad, if not the shoulders than the sides of his torso, his right arm's glove is too fat....round looking, it has to be sharp and smooth.....looks like you've got a few mapping problems on those hands....his arms look too short, either that or his torso is way too long....i remember Alcor's model originally being kinda stumpy looking, with a big head....don't repeat his mistake (his model was good, especially the UT one, but had its drawbacks)

do i really need to go on?....

and don't tell me that i'm wrong on our dear Mr. Simmons' proportions....i own several figures, and have been a general fan of Spawn for a good while, i think i'd know what his proportions are....

Originally posted by Adonai Saboath

he's got fat legs, you should probably round him about a bit more, expecially on his one big boot. Model all the individual spikes aswell, it would make the model look much better....you've got some mapping problems on his upper legs, the area between his legs and his waist looks wrong, i think his shoulders might still be a bit too broad, if not the shoulders than the sides of his torso, his right arm's glove is too fat....round looking, it has to be sharp and smooth.....looks like you've got a few mapping problems on those hands....his arms look too short, either that or his torso is way too long....i remember Alcor's model originally being kinda stumpy looking, with a big head....don't repeat his mistake (his model was good, especially the UT one, but had its drawbacks)

do i really need to go on?....

and don't tell me that i'm wrong on our dear Mr. Simmons' proportions....i own several figures, and have been a general fan of Spawn for a good while, i think i'd know what his proportions are....

Hey excuse me for not having it perfect. Its modeled on the jk2 skeleton so obviously I had to make some changes to have it fit.

look man, this is exactly why hardly anybody here on these kind of forums advances in 3d modelling, cuz no one here knows how to properly critique a model...all they do is feed egoes....oh man this looks great blah blah blah, never anything about how they should rotate some vertices or turn an edge, or widen this or that, half the time all they say is, "great!"...its good that they think it is great but they hardly ever say why, or what they think needs to be changed, typically, i never do on these forums, cuz then things like "THIS" happen, and i become the "*******". Its all part of the learning process.

go post this on the polycount forums, they'll rip it apart, and guess what, even though you might feel low, you would have learned something from them.

Hmmm...

Well moving on! I have a few minor changes to make and a few larger weighting changes to make. I have made the blue and red skins. The red skin is exactly the same as the regualr model except that it has no cape. The blue version has the normal red parts made blue and the face is without the mask.

Archived