Home

Return of the TurkeyBurger!

Shadriss

For those of you who played Half Life : Opposing Force, and I know most of you have, you may recall a charming map called Turkeyburger. For those who havent seen it - It's basically a map that depicts a room (living room, I think) but the twist is that you are about a half foot tall compared to the arena.

Well, this was a blast of a level. And I've noticed that nothing quite like it has been done for JK2 yet. Solution : In progress. Myself and Wes Merrakech are currently working on such a project, and have a map that is currently slated as a CTF, FFA, TFFA, JM, CTY map. We also have plans to possibly make a duel map based on the same idea (duel_couch?).

No screenshots or anyother such yet, but I placec this idea here so people who loved the original Turkeyburger can get to salivating over it's sorta-kinda sequal.... which has no name as yet!

:fire3::bounmult: I'LL GET YOU YET YOU LITTLE SPOT!

Never heard of it, but I assume you mean something like the Rats maps for Counterstrike... so good idea. :D The only problem I can think of it that because of the nature of the Q3A engine, you'll need to make the architecture relatively uncomplex in order for there not to be a godawfully high r_speeds.

Ahhhh the turkeyburgers. I made a rats type map. Did you ever play op4_recr? Well I could convert it o JK, but I have to get rid of some stuff:( (damn JK entinties. Need a func_multiple/multisource). Hope this is going to be a good map.:)

Post some screen shots soon.

Well, the architecture isn't too complex. I've got it layed out and textured now, and I expect lights to be added soon. Screenies will be posted soon on my website, http://www.geocities.com/shadriss/index.html

Having a small issue right now with JK2 Radient, but I expect it to be cleared up soon. As soon as it is, I'll get those screenies and post'em for all interested parties.

And Wes... Sorry about the misspelling. With four different spellings of your name that I can think of (off hand...) how am I supposed to remember the RIGHT one?? HUH??? :)

And Rich... you're missing a T in particularly in your signature.... Just, FYI. :)

Archived