Home

I need help with saber hilt...

Lord_Kahn

Hey everyone, i'm working on a Exar Kun style lightsaber hilt, and let me stress, I am very new to modelling.

I've been using gmax for like 2 days and this is the first thing i've tried to do.

I've been following a tutorial for modeling in gmax.. here is the link

http://www.btinternet.com/~howe_alison/brothers/tutorial/gmax_jkii_tutorial.htm

I've made it up to the part where you have to unfold and unweld the vertex's? I selected the vertex's like it said and clicked the break button, and the next part in the tutorial said "Now, you unfold and take apart your model".

But it doesnt explain how to do so.. Can anyone help?

Here are some pics of my models so far...

Remember I am new and these are just the first version:P

http://lordkahn.freeservers.com/

Thanks everyone!

heh. now you're definitely not going to get any help from anyone.

I'm probably one of the best people to ask about sabers, as I have made quite a few that are available for release (including the Mace Windu hilt Adonai and myself made). Want a list of the things I've done?

Count Dooku Hilt

Mace Windu Hilt

Obi-Wan Hilt

Plo Koon Hilt

Thundercats Hilt

Nemesis Hilt

list goes on and on. Not a good idea to insult modelers you're trying to get help from. I'm certainly not going to help you just because you don't deserve it for the way you replied to us both. I'm sure the other modelers will back me on this too.

I dont care -Chrono_MOT-, he was being a dumbass just posting usless sh|t. And I dont care if you've made 100 sabers, if your gonna act like a dick because i called a dumbass a dumbass, then go suck your ass... Why do you keep posting if you arent going to help? To be an ass? Congrats! You've done a satisfactory job!

And, i'm doing lightsabers because its a step to help me develop skills that I will use when modeling characters in the future.

Also... I dont care for the default Hilt that comes with JKII, its boring. I want a better one:P

Guess i'm not going to get any help here...

no you're not going to get help here. especially not with that attitude. now go away.

why am i being like this? because you came here with an attitude, and got on someone's case for posting here. I have a right to post wherever the hell I want. go terrorize jk2files.com forums, where they put with asses like you.

It's funny that you degraded from someone with "class" into someone who uses curse words to try to get people to laugh at me. Absolutely hilarious, considering the only person laughing is you. Now go somewhere else to learn, because find help here you won't.

Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-

Now go somewhere else to learn, because find help here you won't.

Okay 'yoda'. First off, I did'nt come here with a attitude. I only had an attitude with the ass that decided to post just to get his post count up.

Then you get all offended for some reason.. I was being nice. Now your being a dick. And I always use curse words, thats who I am. I just didn't need to when I originally posted a question.

And if you have the right to post here, then I guess I do too, so dont tell me where to post.

How would you like it if I came to your post when your trying to get information, and I started spamming 'bumps'? Its rude and, it pissed me off. So fuq off with your 'youll die without my help' attitude old man.

I'm not old. Christ sake. The guy bumped your thread for you so he could learn as well, he wasn't trying to get his post count up. You were the one being a prick in the first place. What, you think you're the only one that deserves any help?

I don't care if cursing was injected into your god damn DNA you little brat, there's no reason for you to come in here and spread it like it was the ebola virus.

And no, no one is still going to help you. Go search for a tutorial on the internet or something.

Reply if you want, but you'll only be wasting your time because I won't be posting in this thread anymore. I hope in the future if you want help you don't be a complete ass to anyone who doesn't post help immediately upon seeing your "golden thread" tainted by someone else who bumps it for you so they can learn too.

I didnt get what the dude was saying.

And freedom of speech mother fuker! I'll fukin cuss all I want. So stop pissing your pants you little bitch...

I didnt come here being a prick, your the one raping about what i said, it didnt even bother the other guy enough to make him reply so why are you bitching about it? your such a flamer ya fag

now get the fuk outta here and go to jk2files.com before i hang you, you greezy niqger... ya god damm pourch monkey

Originally posted by Lord_Kahn

I didnt come here being a prick, your the one raping about what i said, it didnt even bother the other guy enough to make him reply so why are you bitching about it? your such a flamer ya fag

now get the fuk outta here and go to jk2files.com before i hang you, you greezy niqger... ya god damm pourch monkey

So now he resorts to derogatory slang used by hicks, people that are insecure with their own sexuality, and immature teenagers. Not to mention the whole bigotry thing he included in the end. Way to go dude, you just showed your true age. 14.

so whats wrong with derogatory comments insults and slang?

and i'm not a hick.. immature teenager, screwed up sexually, im just a german nazi, racisit against niqgers (like you), kites, chinks, spics, border jumpers, rag heads, and fagq0ts especially...

i can see your trying to insult me.... but doesnt seem to work does it? and btw.. thought you werent going to post on this thread anymore?

love..

niqger hater!

p.s. - die poucrh monkey

I think i speak for everyone (except Kahn) that Chrono is a well respected and talented Modeler in the JK2 community and to have a tremendously less experienced person insult a person who should be respected by EVERYONE trying to model is definetly not acceptable. i think the LEAST you should do Kahn is apoligize :D oh and i also have the same question that Kahn has so could you PM me with that answer. thanks

Yeah, the boards are for people to exchange ideas. not to curse the other posters because nobody is giving you help because of your attitude. For one I would have helped you if you wouldnt have said all that crap about Chrono and being racist. Your attitude is getting you nowhere. If you want anybody to help you , you better change your name cause reputation spreads fast on these forums. Ya go pull your crap somep[lace else

ah you guys will never get it. i asked a question, called that guy a dumbass cause of a misunderstanding, then chrono started bitching, we went back and forth, i really dont care about his experience, if someone is gonna be a dick about #### like that i dont want there help. i figured it out by myself any how so no biggie

Wow...the boards really are going down hill. Someone asks a question, someone lets it be known he wants to know the same thing (thereby encouraging people who know the answer to post it, as it will help more people within the thread), and he gets called a dumbass.

And then someone who does know the answer goes off on a "nahnah, I know but I'm not telling" trip.

Clever.

Polite.

Not really. Shows lack of maturity. On both your parts. It's bad enough here with people nicking other peoples work. Let the rest of us please be above that, and help each other make cool stuff for us to play with.

So, Lord_Kahn...try not to dis someone who knows about as much on the subject as you. You should be glad he posted what he did. He (or you, for that matter) might be the modmaker of the future.

And -Chrono_MOT-, although I can kind of see your point, don't lord knowledge above others...it's unseemly. Share the wealth.

And for an answer; UVunwrapping is hard enough as is; it's something which is hard to explain without pictures. So have a look at the tuts at http://www.polycount.com , and also check the sticky thread which says you should look at it before posting questions. It has some links to what you're looking for.

can someone PLEASE think before your post a reply. This thread WAS obviously meant to help someone but that someone had to call another someone something and then another someone comes along and tells that someone something else and....... ok who is the someone and what is the something...... arg :explode:

Archived