Home

JKII = Name Screwup?!

hahaha_0o

hey,

i got JKII a few days ago and was playing it and getting torn up online. for some reason, i realized something that i felt like sharing.

i've been playing star wars games since the original 'x-wing' and 'rebel assault'. so games like 'dark forces' is nothing new to me. i remembered when jedi knight came out, it was called 'jedi knight: dark forces 2'. i was SOOOOO excited when i bought it since it was the SEQUEL to dark forces.

now that jedi outcast has come out, it has been proclaimed jedi knight 2. shouldn't it be dark forces 3?! thus the name being: jedi outcast: dark forces 3.

oh well. outcast on multiplayer sux0rz cuz of all the gods who dont even give u a chance! haha.

-bye.:evanpiel:

hay, another old timer! Hi! Please don't get discouraged by all the "uber" players online. Most of them are just spaming the easy kill moves until Raven removes them. Of course, that just drives people nuts around here. I'm just happy to do some crazy jedi sabering. :) Anyway, welcome to the forums.

Razor Ace

Razor Maze!

...I'm just happy to do some crazy jedi sabering...ya said

Daytimes we go to our job, showing a polished white nature..

at night you find as all on the net doing the dark things we dream to do but not dare....

We all have the Dark Side within us!

:confused::(

Originally posted by hahaha_0o

now that jedi outcast has come out, it has been proclaimed jedi knight 2. shouldn't it be dark forces 3?! thus the name being: jedi outcast: dark forces 3.

I think I may know why. Sequels are infamous for, well... sucking. And third movies have always been known as the desperation move. One last attempt before throwing in the towel.

Even though this has not been the case with any of the LucasArts games, JKII included, I think the marketing guys at LucasArts were just trying to steer clear of the whole hornet's nest altogether.

Or something else... who knows?

If I remember correctly, Ken H. said in a posting somewhere that Lucasarts' decision to go with "JK2: JO" instead of "DF3: JO" (JO = Jedi Outcast) was that the DF comment (Dark Forces) was really specific to the first game (to the Dark Troopers that Imperial was developing). So, to sever the ties to a great but no longer relevant storyline, it opted to say that this game is the sequel to the adventures in JK, which acc'd to the storyline, weaponry, force powers, etc. is largely true.

Am I the only one who misses the fusion cutter from Dark Forces? :D

*SPOILER* Interesting note: I always thought that Admiral Fyyar's armor in your fight with him was reminiscent of the Dark Trooper armor. After that fight, I was hoping to find a few of those DT's flying around on that cool air-propulsion sound of theirs...

Originally posted by Turgenev

Am I the only one who misses the fusion cutter from Dark Forces?

No, I loved the fusion cutter.

I think it was named JK2 instead of DF3 because the main focus of the game is now the lightsaber and it's expanding upon the lightsaber use from JK. :lsduel:

Originally posted by razorace

hay, another old timer! Hi! Please don't get discouraged by all the "uber" players online. Most of them are just spaming the easy kill moves until Raven removes them. Of course, that just drives people nuts around here. I'm just happy to do some crazy jedi sabering. :) Anyway, welcome to the forums.

Razor Ace

errr... Lets just not hope raven removes more of JO stuff.. we dont want to encourage them,

1. It's a sequel to JK, not DF.

2. The words "Jedi Knight" are more attracting to newbies to the series or newbies to SW games than "Dark Forces" is, thus leading to make more money for LEC.

3. You're right, JO MP is completely dead, dispite the 10,000 people that play it every day, and dispite that number which keeps growing. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Emon

1. It's a sequel to JK, not DF.

2. The words "Jedi Knight" are more attracting to newbies to the series or newbies to SW games than "Dark Forces" is, thus leading to make more money for LEC.

3. You're right, JO MP is completely dead, dispite the 10,000 people that play it every day, and dispite that number which keeps growing. :rolleyes:

1) True that, but Jedi Knight is a 'sub'title, kinda like: Medal of Honor: allied assault. the sequel to that wouldnt be: allied assault: blahblahblah.

2) exactly.

3) :D

Archived