Home

Sand Arena (Version 2)

pakmannen

UPDATED!!

okey page updated, and here are the screenshots URL's if you don't want to bother visiting my little page.. :)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

--------------------------------------------------------

hi.

i've started working on the second version of my "sand arena" map. click the link below to read a little about it.

you can give me any suggestions about gameplay/architecture in this thread.

sand arena v2

---------------------------------------------------------

the large boxes and such make it look not organic. http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/geonosisarena/img/movie_bg.jpg

also, instead of an indoor area, you could make more rows for seats. http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/geonosisarena/index_eu.html

and perhaps a balcony. http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/geonosisarena/img/curve.jpg

maybe you could convince someone to model the pillars and other things. it'd be less of a stress on fps, and easier to give it an organic feeling.

ah, this is not the geonosian arena. (it's being made by anotherone btw). this is just a big arena like colloseum, inspired by the geonosian arena. this gives me more freedom when designing it.. :)

me and a friend played the level in sp many hours today, and you know what? It's REALLY FUNNY!!

i think i'm going to include an empty sp map so that you can spawn in a lot of npc's and have some fun..

and later on i will probably make a real sp mission to. (if the guy that is doing the lowpoly battledroid will be finished soon)

and i really need some textures, but i can't find anything good.

if you look at pic 3 you see what textures i mean.. the walls!

when i get those textures, i'm gonna make the upper levels, and then just fill it with guns etc. thats about it.

so please, if anyone has any ideas of what kind of textures i should use (or if anyone can make some) i would be very pleased.

okey, i just did the entire upper levels, and it's looking good!

i only need to throw in some lights here and there, then i'll add all the guns'n stuff.

then, i would really like some help with the botsupport. this is indeed a tricky level to add it to, so i would really like to talk to an "expert".. :D

oh, btw, do you want screenies? if so, i'll upload them tonight.

okey, you think you can do it?

let me have your email then.. :D

i'll tell you when i get to that stage..

this is going to be a ffa, ctf, and jedi master map btw.

(if it's possible to have all that in one map?)

could you tell me what maps you have released?

that would be great!

UPDATED!!

okey page updated, and here are the screenshots URL's if you don't want to bother visiting my little page.. :)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

i'm actually quite done with the architectural part now.

framerate lies around 70-90 with 1024x768 on my machine

1.7 Ghz

256MB RAM

64MB GeForce 2

framerate around 50-80 on 1280x1024.

i'm actually pretty pleased with that, it's just about the same as the original level, and this one looked 10x better!

i've been adding all the spawn entities for ffa and ctf, all that remains is the guns.

and the bot support, but we'll get to that eventually.

i'll stop talking now, must sleep.....

Whoa! That's a HUGE improvement from your first version (which is my favorite map to play right now).

I likely won't be quite as pleased with the framerates as you are, since I only have 800 something mHz, but I'm going to be getting an addition 512 mb RAM to up the speed.

Great job, and I love the stone textures visible in the first new shot, as well as the stone pillars you added to the stands. Very good work.

Whoops, almost forgot to ask this.

Are you planning on making an easier way to get to the top levels from the ground. You could possibly make a little indoor section with steps leading up, so that you don't have to put anything our in the arena that may ruin it.

Originally posted by Eklin

Whoops, almost forgot to ask this.

Are you planning on making an easier way to get to the top levels from the ground. You could possibly make a little indoor section with steps leading up, so that you don't have to put anything our in the arena that may ruin it.

hmm, maby you should read the homepage!

"two new indoor areas that will bring you to the top of the arena without force jump."

those big doors you see in the pics are not just for show! :D

*Sigh* whats with this little sandhole? hm looks like orange textures to me. But lucky as you are my friend i am offering my expertice as betatester .

I think you should add some terrible monsters in the sp version, like that cute little cat in the episode II.

May the food be with you.:jawa

It looks great!!!

BUT (sorry, but there's a but) it looks a little TOO orange.

I don't know if those textures are final, but it's just a little too orange.

And you should make a version without weapons.

Sometimes I want to practise with bots, and its' a pain is the ass when they start using sniper rifles.

Archived