Home

Question re: auto download

=TFA=[GreenBud]

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by =TFA=[GreenBud]

Hello, I was wondering if setting auto download on should allow all users to see all skins I am using on my server, as long as the client also is allowing auto download?

Yes, once they have downloaded them all. Which may take a long time.

Well thanx for your reply but, As people were joing my server I was asking if they had auto dload on (sever did) and they did, and I asked if they could see my skin, they could not. I have not added more then one. So the dload could not have taken that long. Unless im supposed to add the pk3's somewhere other then my base folder, what could possibly be the problem?

Any further help is appreciated.

Originally posted by =TFA=[GreenBud]

Well thanx for your reply but, As people were joing my server I was asking if they had auto dload on (sever did) and they did, and I asked if they could see my skin, they could not. I have not added more then one. So the dload could not have taken that long. Unless im supposed to add the pk3's somewhere other then my base folder, what could possibly be the problem?

Any further help is appreciated.

Is your server a pure server (sv_pure 1)? If it is, it should force them to download any pk3 files they don't have before letting them join. If it isn't, it will just let them join without downloading them.

The autodownload only applies to map files. Skins and models will NOT be downloaded automatically. Thus, you can have 1000 skins on your server (pure) and have downloads enabled and when a client (with downloads enabled) connects, they will only receive the current map file if they don't already have it. The clients need to go download the skins themselves.

Originally posted by MatrixCPA

The autodownload only applies to map files. Skins and models will NOT be downloaded automatically. Thus, you can have 1000 skins on your server (pure) and have downloads enabled and when a client (with downloads enabled) connects, they will only receive the current map file if they don't already have it. The clients need to go download the skins themselves.

Hmm. I've noticed many times clients get disconnected from my server (I have downloads off) when they have downloads on. They are usually trying to download the first pk3 on my server which they don't have. This is usually a sabre model, not a map.:confused:

Well my server is set to run pure, and I have downloads enabled. I have almost 90 skins loaded on the server. I can tell you that the only thing that the clients actually download are mods and maps. I run the vulcanis adminmod and I can see in my logs that that is the only pk3 file sent to clients.

The client machine has to have the skin in order to view it. It will not get automatically downloaded.

Jasco that saber hilt pk3 file that clients download, are you sure that it is not a mod? Some of the saber hilts the server sees a small mod, but still a mod.....

Archived