Home

help!!!

Dr. Death

i made everything correct my model all the required files i can view my model in ModView etc... i got all skins done etc... i put the files in the correct folder structure etc... and put them into a .pk3 file i followed the word in the tutorials as gospel, however i cant c my model, y? please i need help, also this is probably a dumb assed question but is there any way to make custom animations, im lead modeller in a new tc for jk2 and obviously new animations are required, is there any way? thnx in advance

Be a little more precice. Error messages? What do you see in mod view? A white model, or absolutely nothing? Did assimilate give you ANY error messages? You should have put this all in you request for help to bein with, though...

k, well in ModView everything was perfect no problems showed the model fully skinned, in assimilate everything went fine well after abit of Vertex weighting tweaking but thats it, it compiled the model fine, i got the skins done and the the .glm file, i also got the 256x256 .jpg icon image file made aswell, i set up all the files correctly as asked, i then put my model in models/players/mymodel/ on my desktop then i zipped it up into a .pk3 file and put it in my gamedata/base folder in jedi knight 2 folder and started the game but it didnt work nothin was there, y?

I had the same trouble with PIo Koons Trebor model. It turns out I was compressing it too much and didn't know it. What I did was copy an old player model PK3 then open it in Win Rar and add the files I needed to it (and deleted the files I didn't need). Also you need to make a bot (I'm not sure if you have to to make it work, but I did).

Archived