Home

Battle droid v0.9 ready for release.

MacD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found a good wav to mp3 converter. It's a plugin for winamp. Go to winamp.com and download winamp and then go to the plugins tab at the top and download the plugin. If you don' want to got throught all that trouble then send me the wavs at sephiroth7466@yahoo.com and I will convert them to mp3 and send them back. It only takes a few seconds to convert them, so I'll get them back to you really quick. BTW I got it to work by typing in model roger.

I found out how to get the icon to work at the ingame menu...

the default icon file is in tga format, it needs to be in jpeg format for it to work...

I'm also able to select and use "roger" like any other custom model by just putting the pk3 file in the gamedata/base folder so I don't know why others can't get it to work that way...

I recommend you change all the .tga files to .jpg files. If you use photoshop you can choose quality setting 6 (according to BradFu) and you don't get a loss in quality. If you do this the file size will be a lot smaller (see Padmé 3MB+ down to 1MB).

Nice model MacD!

I can use it in MP but not select it in the player-selection-screen. No icon :(

I had this with padme too because I used WinZip to make the PK3. I downloaded PakScape (tiny tool to make pk3's), made the pk3 with that and then it worked.

Lemme know if you want me to email it to you because I had some trouble finding it. It's only 200kb.

Well, I've changed the tga's to jpg's (thanks for pointing that out, Xyphox) and added most of ALIEN_JL's sounds (I had some in wav format I didn't know I could add :) ). I also added the model_default_red/blue.skin files I forgot to add in the first release :) Also changed the bot file, so no more lightsabers for this droid :).

The new file (v0.95) has been sent to jk2files, jediknightii and polycount. Get 'em when they're up!

I changed all of the tga files to jpg's. MacD, gohere and click on roger.zip to download it. Best of all, the icon shows up on the character selection screen and it's only 241 kb. So, I think the reason it wasn't showing up is because you used tga's. Try using jpg's when you release 1.0 MacD.

Shocked at the number of image files for the skin!

Alien: that sound pack kicks ass. Though the sound I'll be using for my taunt is the "that does not compute...oh wait, your under arrest." :) It's a bit quiet, but that's ok.

Archived