Home

Custom model WIP/problems;p

fuc847

shot0004.jpg

As you can see I have some weird problems I cannot fix :(

First prob: The saber is not attached to the hand, this is my second time trying to put the model ingame and I'm been extremely careful with the hand tags already, and I'm sure that they're attached to the right hand. Which tag or even what controls the attachment of the saber?

2nd Prob:The right leg's mesh is totally flipped (flipped normals), so u can see the textures inside out. Before exporting the root.xsi, the normal is not flipped. And the normal isnt flipped also if I open the model.glm with Modview.exe.

3rd prob: Foot is sinked into ground, which tag or thing controls the base ground level for models?

If anyone can help me, please reply.

Did you follow the skeleton's position for the model?, maybe thats why he's too low.

The saber setup:

Left hand:

"lhand_tag_bone" has no vertex assigned but is added to the hand's hierarchy. the "bolt_l_hand" is weighted to the mc5 bone.

Right hand:

"rhang_tag_bone" is NOT part of any bone hierarchy (has the skin modifier for the tag)...the "bolt_r_hand" is weighted only to "rhang_tag_bone"

This is my setup, and it works fine.

Good luck.

wow, thnx for all the help! i'll experiment with these soon!

Psyk0Sith:

"Left hand:

"lhand_tag_bone" has no vertex assigned but is added to the hand's hierarchy. the "bolt_l_hand" is weighted to the mc5 bone. "

When u say added to the hand's hierarchy, u mean u linked the bone to the left hand MESH? or left hand bone ?

*edit*

nevermind, thank you!

Archived