Home

WIP: Duel Coruscant (aka Coruscant done right)

winner_rex

It means it looks like the pic you posted (reference one) but gone wrong. You should use some patches for those curve things, and use better textures, not the orange Bespin ones. Coruscant is mostly gray/light blue, the orange/purple sunset is what makes it do that. Colored lighting on light blue/gray textures would be best.

ok... here's what i did:

i copied that and put it into skies.shader

made a folder called cor

put the 6 textures in cor

textured the sky with a shader called cor (like any other sky)

compile and run

i get the orange lighting, but there is no sky image. instead, the skbox walls are white. did you get this?

and thatnks for the sky + shader

hey Winner, the pics look great! I was wondering though what speed system you are using for development? I notice that on all of your ss you have an FPS in the 90's usually and I have a very decent system and never seem to get out of the 60's. I am using the appropriate methods of caulking and good level design too on my maps. Anyways, just curious.

Looks pretty good so far, but the textures REALLY need to be worked on. They need to a lot.... uh.... browner (if that's a word), like in the ref. pic.

And you DEFINITELY need a different skybox.

The sky is more pinkish in the ref. pic, and the clouds are a lot longer and cover a lot more area. And you should also show some of the far off buildings in the skybox as well.

Archived